Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Feb 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
The cheaper way to do it is to book a campsite spot at wilderness lodge. One night in August is $67. You get up to 10 magic bands, 2 days free parking on site at Disney, and 2 days FP booking at 60 days...
I did the campsite last August got magic bands, EMH, all the fastpasses we wanted and free parking for 7 of us it came to $115 for the 2 nights and worked out perfectly for us and saved us a lot.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Thanks, I think we will go and check in (and collect some new magic bands) in the afternoon, we’ll probably only spend the morning in the park anyway. That way I can be sure all the Fastpass etc will be ok the next day too!

I had a reply from the hotel and they said said ‘yes’ (that’s literally all they replied! ) when I asked if I will be able to use EMH the first day before checking in the hotel later in the day.

Here’s hoping it all works out okay! Thanks for all the replies.
Is it a Disney resort hotel or a Disney partner hotel you have booked? From an earlier post I thought it was a partner hotel but you mention magic bands, I’m fairly certain you only get magic bands at Disney Resort hotels and not at partner hotels. We have one night booked at Art of Animation, we had been looking at the partner hotels but that was part of the reason we opted for AoA instead.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
The cheaper way to do it is to book a campsite spot at wilderness lodge. One night in August is $67. You get up to 10 magic bands, 2 days free parking on site at Disney, and 2 days FP booking at 60 days...
Sounds ideal, I can't find it on Disney website. How can I get a price and book, thanks
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

I managed to check and its $103 for 1 night in May direct with Disney. Is there any other sites I can try. It doesn't show on trivago or Expedia, only cabins.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
Is it a Disney resort hotel or a Disney partner hotel you have booked? From an earlier post I thought it was a partner hotel but you mention magic bands, I’m fairly certain you only get magic bands at Disney Resort hotels and not at partner hotels. We have one night booked at Art of Animation, we had been looking at the partner hotels but that was part of the reason we opted for AoA instead.
Ah yes, I’ve just checked and you’re quite right! We already have some magic bands from last time so no biggie for us, however if I’d realised no magic bands or parking before booking I probably would have picked an on-site value one/campsite instead 👍
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I think you're wrong, sorry. If someone books and pays for a flight, doesn't cancel it but doesn't turn up for it for some reason eg, medical emergency, caught in traffic, then it's assumed that the person won't be flying because they haven't turned up and the seat is then sold to someone else even though the original person has paid and not cancelled. I'd have thought hotels would do the same thing. If someone doesn't check in then they're not actually registered as staying there.
The difference between this case and your analogy is that the aircraft will definitely leave (with or without you), however if you get "stuck in traffic" and turn up at the hotel at 2am it will still be there and you will still want somewhere to lay (your now very) wiry head.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Ah yes, I’ve just checked and you’re quite right! We already have some magic bands from last time so no biggie for us, however if I’d realised no magic bands or parking before booking I probably would have picked an on-site value one/campsite instead 👍
Well at least you won’t have a wasted journey to pick them up. Hope it all works out re your fastpasses, I’m sure it will be fine.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by JulieB01 View Post
wdwnt/2019/02/wdw-fastpa...-reservations/

Doesn't mention partner hotels per se but I would be wary
That link is all about cancelling a hotel booking. The OP has not said they are going to do that. The OP is paying for their room and all the benefits that come with that payment (and is therefore entitled to those benefits whether they are actually staying in the room or not - they have paid for them after all).

There used to be a weird thing that if you made a hotel reservation and then cancelled a few days before the check in date - and therefore didn't pay anything - then you'd keep all your 60 day fastpasses you booked. Some people were taking advantage of this. Disney has changed that so if you cancel a hotel reservation at any time, then you lose all fastpasses as well.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

Just to say when I stayed at the Hilton BVP in November I had to show a card given to me by the hotel to access EMH - I don't know if they all work the same
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
Just to say when I stayed at the Hilton BVP in November I had to show a card given to me by the hotel to access EMH - I don't know if they all work the same
Thanks for your reply, this is what I wondered. I emailed the hotel and they said I could link it on MDE which I have done, and that I will be able to use EMH on both days. I’m not sure what else I can do other than turn up and hope for the best!
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List