Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Apr 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

Child maintenance

Looking for advice please
I have a verbal agreement with my ex partner in which he pays me monthly for our son. Two-three weeks before the pandemic him and his wife were laid off with the same company (bus excursion) he called to say that he wouldn’t be able to pay for his son anymore. He said that he would still have a pay as normal at the end of the month but wouldn’t be able to pay as he has a mortgage and also his daughter to feed. With the changes on a daily basis with the government shouldn’t he be entitled to 80% of his pay like the rest of the country? To be honest we don’t get along so I can’t really ask him as usually I would just get a smart assed text back! Any advice would be much appreciated

rhu115 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

If they were fully laid off as in redundant then he wont get the 80% payday I dont think. That is to prevent people being made redundant.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

he has his daughter to feed ? what about his son?

not sure how this works though was he paid off due to the pandemic or as you say before it struck so may not be in scope for furloughing as this is intended to stop redundancy
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
If they were fully laid off as in redundant then he wont get the 80% payday I dont think. That is to prevent people being made redundant.
Not too sure if they were fully laid off, they had worked for a travel company which took coaches to Italy’s, possibly around the time Italy went on lockdown

rhu115 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
he has his daughter to feed ? what about his son?

not sure how this works though was he paid off due to the pandemic or as you say before it struck so may not be in scope for furloughing as this is intended to stop redundancy
Yes I’m afraid those were his words, But you are right as that’s how I felt.

Old 1 Apr 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
To qualify for the 80% of wages he would need to have been employed on 28/2 but if he has been made redundant as I understand it, the scheme won’t apply to him. Depending on length of employment would he have received a decent redundancy package? I think if he is now relying on Government support you are encouraged to give £5 per week per child which is embarrassing.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
To qualify for the 80% of wages he would need to have been employed on 28/2 but if he has been made redundant as I understand it, the scheme won’t apply to him. Depending on length of employment would he have received a decent redundancy package? I think if he is now relying on Government support you are encouraged to give £5 per week per child which is embarrassing.
I’m not too sure how long he’s been with the company not that long though I’d imagine. I’ve been down the route of csa before only when he stopped paying for 8 months! But even the money that I did get from him wasn’t worth it, as you said an embarrassing amount. Luckily we will manage without the monthly maintenance money, just wanted to know where I stand and if he would be due me the missed payments once back on his feet

Old 1 Apr 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This country’s maintenance system is an absolute shambles and sadly I don’t think he would be due you anything unless he has or develops a conscience. Sounds as though you are doing a great job regardless x
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

If you're thinking of going down the CMS (old csa) route do it sooner rather than later as he's only responsible to pay from the day you log a claim.

If he's not earning I think it would just be the £5 p/w.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If he was made redundant after 1st March 2020 his company can Furlough him . The only problem maybe in the furlough programme is that his company may not have the cash flow at the moment to actually pay staff as the Govt have not started paying it out yet and it could be at least three weeks before they do. Also, they may have just made him redundant and not bother with furlough if they dont want him back.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List