Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Feb 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Amazing destinations needed please.

My hubby has a milestone birthday next year and I have decided to take a sum out of my pension pot and add to it so I can take him on an amazing holiday.

We have had some wonderful holidays, his favourite is the Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai... I am thinking of going there but with the money I have it would be for about 5 days and Economy seats as it really is an amazing 7* hotel and mega expensive but worth every penny.

He has always wanted to go to Florence, but also wants to go back to the Caribbean.

I would love to know of any reviews of other wonderful places, also any advice as to what people would do... ie

1) First Class Flights and a very good hotel in a beautiful place.
2) Premium Economy flights in a top class hotel in a beautiful place.

He has been the most wonderful man, getting me through a horrific illness and having a Cancer scare himself so I want it to be really special.

Sort of looking at Florence, Dubai, Maldives, somewhere warm, can anyone recommend somewhere else.

Don't really want a long flight and not Florida please.

Would love it maybe to be All Inclusive but not essential. Beach Holiday a must and warm. Not too long a flight.

Over to you for the impossible please... however, I hope to get some great ideas that I can make possible. Thank you.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve also stayed in Al Maha and agree it’s amazing. Would you consider Bali or is that too far? How about Mauritius?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

If you don't want a long flight how about somewhere like cape Verde. Bali is wonderful but long flight.
Or how about a cruise leaving from Southampton or a short flight european port
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I’ve also stayed in Al Maha and agree it’s amazing. Would you consider Bali or is that too far? How about Mauritius?
Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
If you don't want a long flight how about somewhere like cape Verde. Bali is wonderful but long flight.
Probably a little too far as we now struggle with long haul though I think we could manage with the Maldives (we loved Meeru). But I must say, as I am a massive animal lover... there are a few countries we will definitely not visit as I do not want to see any Animal Cruelty (strays, abuse etc) and all it would mean was, I would ruin the holiday, trying to feed them, rescue them, or get them home. So Mauritius is definitely out thanks. So is Greece a country we used to love for a while, Spain, India. I know abuse happens everywhere, but I have to be a little careful as I want this to be a wonderful holiday and not a holiday filled with tears.

Thanks for the ideas. Keep em coming.

Has anyone been to Barbados ?

x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
The Al Maha is truly wonderful, we have stayed there now 4 times, its my hubs favourite though for me it will always be the luxury of the Burj a little better... loved the Al Qasr but think that's gone a little down hill.

The thing about Dubai is... you are 99% guaranteed with the weather. That's why I think it is always a good choice.
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
I would like to try a cruise but Hubs likes us and our own company so he really doesn't show any interest in cruises. I was thinking of a river cruise but he loves the sun, so I think a lazy holiday is best.

Thank you lots. xx
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
My hubby has a milestone birthday next year and I have decided to take a sum out of my pension pot and add to it so I can take him on an amazing holiday.

We have had some wonderful holidays, his favourite is the Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai... I am thinking of going there but with the money I have it would be for about 5 days and Economy seats as it really is an amazing 7* hotel and mega expensive but worth every penny.

He has always wanted to go to Florence, but also wants to go back to the Caribbean.

I would love to know of any reviews of other wonderful places, also any advice as to what people would do... ie

1) First Class Flights and a very good hotel in a beautiful place.
2) Premium Economy flights in a top class hotel in a beautiful place.

He has been the most wonderful man, getting me through a horrific illness and having a Cancer scare himself so I want it to be really special.

Sort of looking at Florence, Dubai, Maldives, somewhere warm, can anyone recommend somewhere else.

Don't really want a long flight and not Florida please.

Would love it maybe to be All Inclusive but not essential. Beach Holiday a must and warm. Not too long a flight.

Over to you for the impossible please... however, I hope to get some great ideas that I can make possible. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
The Al Maha is truly wonderful, we have stayed there now 4 times, its my hubs favourite though for me it will always be the luxury of the Burj a little better... loved the Al Qasr but think that's gone a little down hill.

The thing about Dubai is... you are 99% guaranteed with the weather. That's why I think it is always a good choice.
Why not a few days in Dubai and then onto the Maldives?
I have been to Barbados and didn’t rate it if I’m honest. I also think you would have the animal problem there
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

We've been to Barbados and loved it. We didn't stay luxury as family of four it was about value for money but we loved the island and people.

We saw turtles laying eggs, which the locals protect and then another evening saw locals release baby turtles that had hatched that day to give them a chance to survive.

I didn't see any animal cruelty.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Tortola , British Virgin Islands - outstanding place
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were in Florence Monday. We had a few days last minute in Pisa and went on the train to Florence. We were absolutely blown away. One of the most beautiful, romantic places we’ve ever been too! Literally something breathtaking around every corner!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List