Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Feb 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Flying to Tenerife Tuesday... what to do ?

Every holiday, every bloomin holiday its something.

We fly Tuesday to Tenerife, Costa Adeje would you believe. Our hotel I believe is a little way from the hotel that has been quarantined (Iberostar). Now we don't know what to do, whether to go or not.

Any advice please would be greatly appreciated ?

Also, if it was you, would you cancel ?

Thanks Dibsters. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have you booked yourself or through a tour operator?

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
Have you booked yourself or through a tour operator?
Us. We have travel insurance. The other thing was when I booked the hotel it was payment in full, but the computer went wrong and it was decided we would pay at the hotel.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Travel insurance will not cover you just deciding not to go. The FCO would have to advise against travel.
I would still go anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

As it stands, I would still go. I would be extra vigilant with hand washing and use anti-viral hand foam (not anti-bacterial). Keeping a reasonable distance from others where possible- especially if they are speaking Italian! 😂 Be careful in buffet areas.
Sounds neurotic but it’s just sensible precautions really.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

NG, I believe you and your husband have various health issues so I can understand your concern and find it hard to advise based on that, you seem to be doomed in some way with every holiday but they all work out for the good in the end, hopefully this one will too.
Not much help I know, maybe a quick call to your consultant for some advice is all I can offer. Good luck and keep us updated .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We fly on Thursday the 5th but staying in Las America’s. As people have said be vigilant and use hand gel etc
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

We flew back from Tenerife on Monday night
My auntie is still there in Adeje
It appears that other than the actual hotel , things are carrying on largely as normal.
They are certainly just carrying on
Expect to see lots of face masks ( there were many in them just from the sandstorm even before the Coronavirus news broke )
Good luck whatever you decide - I would still be going personally but depending on the nature of your health conditions , I can see why you would be concerned

Hopefully my Tuesday the situation will be a lot clearer
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

As it stands now I'd still go and just be extra vigilant as already mentioned, hand sanitiser as well as extra hand washing, sanitizing wipes maybe for on the plane too before you get there. our friend lives in lanzarote and although not as bad as tenerife they wore face masks cos of the sandstorms last week so face masks I'd take as a precaution before you go cos he said they were hard to get in some places it was saying.
My mums just got back from our local hospital in Sheffield where she went in for tests they are currently treating two people there with coronavirus and she said it never crossed her mind to be worried.
I think if you are in good health and your immune system isn't compromised in any way you should be fine, the statistics for flu are worse than this coronavirus I keep reading.
Try and enjoy yourself
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I would still go and as others have said be extra vigilant . But if you are really worried and have not paid for your hotel could you swap to another resort ?
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List