Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Leebie7376
Earning More Ears

Should I try a cruise?

DS (11) and I have been to WDW 3 times, and I’m looking to book for next year. We’ve never done a cruise anywhere but I’m seriously considering adding on a 3 day cruise next time.

DS not likely to be interested in character meets any more, might he be bored? Please let me know what you think/if you’ve been with children similar age.
Leebie7376 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve only done Europe cruises. We have 3&4 yr old last year and they loved cruise. Got one this year and next
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

We took our grandkids on one after a week at Disney, they were 4, 9 and 11 at the time, they loved it .We were on the Norwegian epic which had tons for them to do.
Just book one with lots onboard , I would reccommend Norwegian and royal Caribbean, they have everything from ice rinks ,surf pools, rock climbing and go karts to name a few .they also have kids clubs for different age groups and have activities to suit their ages .
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

We did our first one last summer (7nights northern Europe on the Magic), DS was 13. He and DH loved it so much that we are about to book another one for next summer when DS will be 15.

Because of his age he was able to go to 2 of the clubs but ended up making friends and meeting up with them, or us, or their parents, to go to the pool, lunch etc.

He loved the freedom and says his ideal trip would be just sea days. Unfortunately the transatlantic crossings are in term time.
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are addicted! We have done Disney and Royal Caribbean but our 2 now 11 and 16 much prefer RC. There is loads to do!

I would recommend try a taster one, 3/4 nights from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas. Check out RC Mariner of the Seas. We were on her last August and had a ball. She is smaller but has recently be refitted with all the bells and whistles of the bigger ships!

If you have any q's just shout.
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

I have two boys (currently 10 and 8) and we do the NCL cruises. The newer ships have a water park, waterslides, bocce ball, bowling, movie theater and kids club. Our kids love it and wife and I love it as well.
Old 10 Mar 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We are seriously considering a 4 night cruise add on after our next WDW trip (in 3 years time). I have been watching the vlogs of Adam Hattan and Gary C on the Disney Dream and it looks amazing. We were thinking of doing 4 nights at St Petes but cruising definitely caught my eye.

Edited at 10:10 AM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, but maybe not at the moment!
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Our 2 boys are now 13 and 10 and have been on 8 cruises in the past 5 years and love them.
We've sailed with Princess, Royal Caribbean, MSC, Celebrity and Norwegian to the Caribbean, Central America, Europe and Bermuda.
The boys really enjoy the comedians (comedy clubs), theatre shows and all the other activities on board.
They seem to like the Carnival ones the most and the eldest can't wait for the Mardi Gras to be finished. The first ship to have a rollercoaster... apparently.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List