Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 29 Mar 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just finished it. Jaw. Drop!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I never knew that so many big cats were / are kept as pets and in captivity in the US
How is that even legal?
Breading them just so they can make money from people wanting to pet them!
It’s horrific really.

I am ashamed to say in 2001 on our honeymoon in Las Vegas. My husband and i fed a cub milk from a bottle, had photos in a gift package etc at the MGM
We foolishly believed what they told us that they were saving the tigers etc
Easily done. That’s why I think places like Big Cat Rescue in Tampa are so important! They inform people of what’s going on. I’d have been the same as you had we not visited their sanctuary x
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Just finished it. Jaw. Drop!
That joe is something else isn’t he? 😂
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

wow! Halfway through episode 3, so far my only conclusion is that they're all completely mad.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Definitely going to watch this, we went to thebig cat place in Tampa, was shocking to hear stories of people keeping these magnificent creatures as pets. Matt gave us the stories of each individual cat. Sounds very interesting show.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I binge watched the whole series last night they all seem bonkers but scarily worrying that these animals could potentially escape so easily

I am going to say that I think Carole is also crazy, the way she kept laughing when they were talking about her husbands disappearance and how she kept his money which he made way before he met her and his daughters had a small amount was spiteful.

They also have taped evidence she was not rescuing them in the early days but taking them away from their mothers too early to make a profit.

If the US passes the big cat act how many will be released like the Boas and pythons were?

Not to spoil the ending but the clip on Joes chimps made me cry!

I for one will not be going to any Cat sanctuaries or rescues in the USA again we went to one last year near Babcock ranch in Florida and I thought it was horrible
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Really enjoyed it. Totally bizarre, but good binge series during a quarantine.

I'm guessing the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Joe is bat___ insane, clearly... but that Carol is pretty creepy too.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

There was just something about carol,that I didn’t like,but i couldn’t put my finger on.
I couldn’t take to her at all and I’ve seen the big cat rescue recommended on here in the past,but after watching the documentary I have no desire to visit it,something about her didn’t sit right with me.
I must say I have never seen so many strange people in one place in all my life.
It was that bad,I had to keep watching to see what happened next.
I also can’t believe that this goes on in the U.S in this day and age.
Only in America!
Tracy x
Old 1 Apr 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

My son has now put a joe exotic screen saver picture on my computer !
I do agree with others about carol- there’s just something off about her plus the fact she started off doing what the others were too.
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Animal Defenders International have posted in defense of BCR.

Nuts as Carol comes across, we’ve always been very impressed with BCR & the work they do...

The Netflix series #TigerKing (‘Murder, Mayhem and Madness’) had the opportunity to focus on the suffering of captive wild cats in the US. Instead, the producers chose to make a trashy gossip show, about the antics of mercenary cub-petting businesses pitched against an animal protection charity. The suffering of the animals was not addressed, with grotesque and cruel scenes – as a tigress lies panting and delivering a baby, Joe Exotic, a cub-petting zoo/amusement park owner, uses a metal pole to hook out the infants and drag them through a fence.

Clearly, Big Cat Rescue (BCR) work to end cub petting and other abuse of wild and exotic cats in the US, and the Big Cat Public Safety Act campaign had been gaining ground to end shows like Joe Exotic, as the public were educated about the behind-the-scenes suffering. Exotic, instead of responding with a rational debate on the issues, responded with aggression and violence. Exotic was jailed last year for attempting to hire someone to kill BCR founder Carole Baskin, and for the illegal sale and killing of tigers.

Tiger King is cynical and salacious gutter TV, participants from all sides are treated as a freakshow. Clearly, there is more money to be made from this kind of ‘entertainment’, than exposing a serious issue which would advance public understanding of the intelligence, emotions and right to life of other species sharing our planet.

The portrayal of Big Cat Rescue is unrecognizable as the organization ADI has worked with for the past five years, providing homes for our ex-circus tigers from Peru and Guatemala.

READ THE FULL ADI RESPONSE:
ad-international/anim...?id=4809&ssi=7

Our pictures show Max, Simba, Kimba, and Hoover at BCR and the circus cages we rescued them from in Guatemala and Peru.

Edited at 06:24 PM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List