Forgotten Password?
Notices

Old 1 Apr 20, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
I worked for TUI for 3 years in retail. Basic was nowhere near £25k, not even for a manager.

Edited to add, itís not looking good for any of them. They need help. And Iím glad theyíre taking advantage of furlough at this time so that those thousands of people have some kind of income in the coming wks.
My husband works with a lady who used to work for them. Her biggest issue was she was rarely able to meet the targets to get commission so she said it was a minimum wage job with very high staff turnover in her branch. I was surprised to hear just how low paid it was. I would imagine a lot of people are overestimating how much the retail staff and cabin crew are paid.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Not to be but 2021.. hopefully
Old 1 Apr 20, 05:00 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
I am worried now as we were due to go on 23rd the website states not to contact them unless you are going before the 16th , but if they are furloughed and not in work how can i contact them to amend the holiday? I am on reduced hours myself now so can't afford to lose all the money we paid, panicking now
I am due to go on the 4th...not heard a word... my branch were sorting my refund (but that wonít be happening) tried several times yesterday to get through on phone line... no luck!
Will try again today... yesterday the emailed me my e-tickets! 😢
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Sorry to say but thatís just fantasy. They couldnít pay their employees without income for any prolonged time, the industry is already on its knees. Without the furlough scheme and the other promised assistance they would be getting the administrators in pretty sharpish. Wouldnít surprise me if they still end up having to if this goes on for more than a few weeks.
Whats fantasy? The fact the expectation is that tui should pay their staff or tui topping up from 80%?

I don't expect that wages are their biggest outgoing at present, that combined aircraft fleet payments won't be cheap.

Like I say, it's not looking good for them

Edited at 07:57 AM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Time for somewhere else next i think...
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
My husband works with a lady who used to work for them. Her biggest issue was she was rarely able to meet the targets to get commission so she said it was a minimum wage job with very high staff turnover in her branch. I was surprised to hear just how low paid it was. I would imagine a lot of people are overestimating how much the retail staff and cabin crew are paid.
Yeah it was minimum wage pretty much. And commission wasnít all that. I canít remember if it was the deputy manager or the manager but they were on £18kpa.

Edited at 12:30 PM.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Hard Rock Hotel
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The alternative would be redundancies I suppose ... and if TUI go under the government will be paying all of that when TUI canít , which I guess is part of the logic with furlough across all companies.

Everyone in my company not working is furloughed on full pay , even those in 12 week isolation. Iím quite surprised how many large companies arenít doing this.

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
This feels so wrong...

I may be off the mark here, but tui should be granting full leave pay for thier employees rather than relying on government handouts to fund their employee payroll by 80%, if tui are dipping their hand in their pot to ensure staff still get 100%, wages then I guess its half OK, but no company should be placing 11k staff members on this unless they are generally being placed at risk of rundenacy.

If tui are seriously this close to risk of making all these employees redundant, then as a company which overall made £412m profit in 2019, its not looking good at all for them now.

Let's say a employee avg is on £25k a year, 4 months wages for 11k staff is £91m, so you can see why they are wanting this grant, but taking into account all the other expenses, it's not looking good for them is it...
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Big Birthday Cruise
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I did chuckle at £25K average ... sadly way off.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Big Birthday Cruise
Old 1 Apr 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I did chuckle at £25K average ... sadly way off.
Mayby it's way off, but my thought process would be if 4,500 are retail staff on less than that, the other 6500 who are not retail, so the roles of pilots, cabin crew, accountants, project managers, aircraft maintenance workers plus various non customer facing roles are going to be lifting the overall average wage...

Guess it depends which roles are placed on leave/risk

Edited at 01:33 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Time for somewhere else next i think...
Old 1 Apr 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Everyone in my company not working is furloughed on full pay , even those in 12 week isolation.
Does that mean the government are paying 80% of the wages and rest is topped up by your company

Also whatís the difference between being off sick for the isolation to being furloughed?
vampiress88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Second Disney holiday! Cancelled! Gutted
Old 1 Apr 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Does that mean the government are paying 80% of the wages and rest is topped up by your company

Also whatís the difference between being off sick for the isolation to being furloughed?
Companies can choose to put people who canít work because they are in isolation on furlough if they choose and the company gets paid and the employee gets 80% (or more if the company is topping up) rather than statutory sick pay ... and yes right at the very start the company announced that we all had enough to worry about without worrying about finances so they not only assured us of full pay but also protected our monthly bonuses based on the last three months paid as they wanted us to be solely focused on fixing and keeping things running with any distractions of needing to up sell , meet performance metrics etc. Anyone furloughed is getting full pay not just 80%. For my project most of us are still working as we already work remotely and in the centres some of the furloughs are to enable people to remain working with proper social distancing in place... I heard 40% of staff mentioned.
We were also advised to say if we wanted to discuss flexible hours due to care issues.
They are genuinely trying to do their best for both employees and customers , even cynical old me is quite impressed.

Edited at 01:56 PM.
Big Birthday Cruise
Old 1 Apr 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Companies can choose to put people who canít work because they are in isolation on furlough if they choose and the company gets paid and the employee gets 80% (or more if the company is topping up) rather than statutory sick pay ... and yes right at the very start the company announced that we all had enough to worry about without worrying about finances so they not only assured us of full pay but also protected our monthly bonuses based on the last three months paid as they wanted us to be solely focused on fixing and keeping things running with any distractions of needing to up sell , meet performance metrics etc. Anyone furloughed is getting full pay not just 80%. For my project most of us are still working as we already work remotely and in the centres some of the furloughs are to enable people to remain working with proper social distancing in place... I heard 40% of staff mentioned.
We were also advised to say if we wanted to discuss flexible hours due to care issues.
They are genuinely trying to do their best for both employees and customers , even cynical old me is quite impressed.
If staff have been given furlough then they should not be working. There is a whole thread on this as it is fraud
Ocean Florida