Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > Current Issues Forum
Forgotten Password?
Notices

Old 1 Apr 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Furlough Question?

When should this payments start? I got paid yesterday. (Always last working day of the month) and the 20% was taken from yesterdayís wages. Which runs 24th Feb - 24th March. I thought the scheme wasnít running until this month as in April, May, then June? Iím confused! Should I have got paid my full wages yesterday then the deductions for April May and June? Iíve traveled through the gov website and canít find anything?
Old 1 Apr 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It can be backdated to 1st March so I guess it would depend when you were furloughed. Dh was furloughed from yesterday so April will be his first 80% pay day.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Five on tour in Florida!
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

What dates does your payslip cover and when did you go onto furlough.
Depending on this,then you could have both your last days worked and also some furlough on this payslips.
It all depends on your pay period.
Tracy x
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
What dates does your payslip cover and when did you go onto furlough.
Depending on this,then you could have both your last days worked and also some furlough on this payslips.
It all depends on your pay period.
Tracy x
I got paid yesterday for mid feb to mid March. Wasnít told about Furloung until yesterday in an email.
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

The 20% has been deducted from that pay packet which I didnít think seemed correct?
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Calling HMRC tomorrow if I can get through.
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bertiebear View Post
Calling HMRC tomorrow if I can get through.
I'm not sure they will be able to answer your query - you probably need to talk to whoever does payroll for your company.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think you need to get clarity with your employer not hmrc. Youíre company is who has paid you the 80% which they will claim back through hmrc, but thatís not up and running yet.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Five on tour in Florida!
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Thanks guys
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bertiebear View Post
I got paid yesterday for mid feb to mid March. Wasnít told about Furloung until yesterday in an email.
Up until when were you actually working? Your company cannot legally claim the furlough grant for you whilst you've been actually working, therefore your pay for the time you were working should have been at your contracted rate.

Companies can back date to 1st March when claiming furlough grant - but again, only if that employee has not worked (or since 1st March was layed off or made redundant and since been brought back on the payroll).

Edited at 06:32 PM.
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Will we or won't we?
ResalesDVC