Old 6 Oct 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
4 become 2 for 4 days onsite Nov 2019- Pre Trip Report

So this trip was always meant to be a quick 4 night stay. My bestie Shaz is attending the IBM conference again and as my previous trips have always been as a stowaway with her. This time she had been given an extra few days holiday so her hubby, me and my partner were joining her. We are all HUGE star wars fans and the thought of being to see Galaxys Edge was just too tempting.

So in January this year we compared prices for Best Western I-Drive were we had stayed before and onsite room only. All Star Music won so 4 nights were booked, flights for Ben (my worse half) and I were booked with Norwegian. Hand luggage only on way out and an extra case booked for on the way back. No meal in-flight either, but we will grab a meal deal before we board.

A week ago Shaz had to tell me the devastating news that her company had cancelled her leave as she has to attend another conference in Europe straight after Florida. So it is now just Ben and I

So let me introduce ourselves.

Im Sam and have been to WDW 4 times and DLP many times over the last 9 years. Im a huge villains fan and Jonny Depp, my Captain Jack Tattoo always gets a load of attention.

Me and Eeyore at Inventions at DL in July this year.

Ben is my long suffering partner, not a massive Disney fan and definitely tolerates it for me. Hes been to WDW once when he was about 5 and DLP 3 times with me, taking part in the Race Weekends. He does love pirates though and that is what I've been using to sway him on this trip.

Ben and I at our local Pirates weekend.

So the planning started for just the two of us, we get into MCo at 7.25pm and have booked the MDE to take us to ASM, the plan is to grab something at the food court and fall into bed.

Day 1 - as I know we will be up early Ive booked an adr at Plaza Restaurant for brekkie and then to spend the morning at MK, then move over to Epcot to attack the Food & Wine Festival.

Day 2- In my visits Ive never done a Disney water park so weather permitting we will go to Typhoon Lagoon and then onto AK, Im excited to see Pandora as this wasnt open on my last visit 3 years ago. We have a dinner adr for Saana, I ate here on Christmas Day 7 years ago and loved it.

Day 3 - The day that Ben will enjoy the most, Galaxys Edge will be our first port of call today, Im also excited to see Toy Story Land as again this wasnt open the last time I was here. We then have tickets for MVMCP this evening. I did this 7 years but had to leave at about 9pm as my son had a meltdown and I missed the parade and fireworks.

Day 4 - Our flight home isnt until 9.25pm so we have a breakfast adr at The Wave and then at Bens request we are visiting the Florida Mall and Premium Outlets to do some shopping.

So the plan food wise apart from the adrs is QS and snacks, try and get as many rides done as we can and hopefully convince Ben that he can get in front of the camera

Edited at 07:59 PM.
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
25 days to go

25 days to go

This week I completed online check for All Star Music and ordered our magic bands. This is my first time having one so I ordered some special ones

I got the Galaxy Edge one for me
Ben obviously had to have this one

This week also saw the arrival of Magical Mail

So ADRs are booked, I keep looking for either a breakfast or lunch one at BOG, I love eating in Beasts castle.

Now is it too early to start packing 😊
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I got it !

So after stalking the Dining reservations page every day, twice a day I finally got it. A brekkie reservation at Be Our Guest

Pic from the web, just to remind me how beautiful it is.

This will be my 4th time eating here but Ben's first.

I've already preordered our choices, Ben has ordered the Belle Prefere - Poached eggs, Applewood smoked Bacon and Brie on a toasted croissant served with Fresh Fruit. I've chosen the Croissant Doughnut - Fried doughnut topped with banana caramel sauce, Pastry creme and chocolate ganache served with Fresh fruit and pastries.
A sneaky Peach Bellini each may have been ordered too
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
10 days to go

SO with 10 days to go, Estas have been done, airport parking booked and My lounge Gatwick South has been booked.

At the weekend I managed to secure and Ogas Cantina reservation, I have one very happy pirate

Plans have changed about park days due to tickets costs, Ben is a self employed carpenter and work has dried up in the last week, so it now looks like we will be buying 2 day park hopper tickets, the MVMCP tickets and the memory maker.
I've spent all weekend looking at different options and when asking for Ben's opinion got told well you know whats best

It does mean I lose my BOG adr but have planned to go to Ford's Garage instead.

So the plan as it stands at the moment is:

Day 1 Travel and Disney Springs
Day 2 DHS, Ogas Cantina ADR then Epcot and Food & Wine
Day 3 AK with Yak & Yeti with Landry Card then MK
Day 4 Shopping with lunch at Ford's Garage then MVMCP
Day 5 Outlet shopping then flight home

This is how it stands at the moment but this trip has changed so many times that it may well change again before we land lol