Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Dec 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

disney parking charge

We have 3 reservations for POFQ nad Gran Destino the third is on points at SSR which I know is free. i am going to hire a car for part of the 14 days but not when we check in how does Disney identify the driver to levy the parking fee ?
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The Guy in the security hut is invariably accompanied by somebody else. Every time I check into a Value on the first night I can hear that person on a radio telling reception my name and the car. This last trip I heard him say my surname and 'Black Pathfinder'.

Not that they charged me as my booking fell outside of the current charges due to the fact we are UK resident and when it was booked.

Next May I will have to pay for that 1 night.

If you collect the car later I suspect they can't link that car to you and thus charge you. However the Band will probably. Be interesting to see how you get on.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:29 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post

your magic band will tell them you are staying onsite and you sometimes need a ID ( driving license )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm not sure anyone knows yet as UK guests aren't currently charged.

Guests residing in the UK and Ireland checking in to a Disney resort before 1st January 2020 will not be charged for overnight resort parking.

From disneyholidays/walt...d/faq/parking/

How will I be charged for parking?
When you arrive at your Resort, your vehicle will be registered with security or the front desk. When applicable, the appropriate overnight self-parking charge will be applied to your room each night of your stay.

If I take Disney’s Magical Express to my hotel, and then rent a car and want to park, but not for the full length of my stay, will I be charged for the full length of stay or per night?
Overnight self-parking is charged per night, per vehicle.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

I know when we were at the YC this August they tried to charge us. When I consider all hundreds of thousands of dollars we have given to Disney from over 40 visits it is a bit disappointing ,however everyone else charges so it is inevitable. The consoling factor is our next visit later in the year will be staying at a DVC resort on points
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I'm staying next month and will be driving my car in to drop stuff off, then dropping it straight off at the car care centre.

I don't expect to be charged at all as it won't be on site overnight. I'll let people know how I get on.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
I'm staying next month and will be driving my car in to drop stuff off, then dropping it straight off at the car care centre.

I don't expect to be charged at all as it won't be on site overnight. I'll let people know how I get on.
Please do, I'm only doing two single day hires as i don't need to add parking on, when it's just a couple of shopping trips..
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Please do, I'm only doing two single day hires as i don't need to add parking on, when it's just a couple of shopping trips..
Will do. I check in on the 18th. I'm guessing they'll charge my account for 14 days and I'll have to get it removed.

I think it's going to prove hard for them to police. Last time I was there I did a similar thing to what you're doing.

Edited at 07:28 PM.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace87
Trying for More Ears

I think they must put a charge on every night and then you can pay when you leave, its a bit bitty to pay every day.
Grace87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019

Mobile

Originally Posted by Grace87 View Post
I think they must put a charge on every night and then you can pay when you leave, its a bit bitty to pay every day.
That's my guess too, but it's not great for those who arrive in a car and then drop it straight off, like I'm doing, nor is it great for those who hire a car for the day to go to the outlets etc.