Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 24 Sep 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

DAS pass activation

I have planned to go to HS on my first full Disney day in November, however as that's my first park, I'm not too sure where the guest services is, in order to have my DAS pass registered.

Can someone point me in the right direction to HS guest services is in this park please? And do I need to provide anyone with medical notes etc?

Thank you
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
*Dory*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Guest services is just on the left after you go through the main entrance. I wasn’t asked to provide and medical notes etc, I just explained how standing in long queues would be a problem for me.
Hope that helps x
*Dory* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

I'm not sure on the location in HS as I did mine in MK.

You won't need to provide any proof (at least that's what the rules were in March this year). I have severe anxiety and panic disorder so I took lots of paperwork with me just in case (although I had read you wouldn't need it) and as expected I didn't need to show any of it. I just said that I really struggle to wait in queue's because of my anxiety/panic attacks and straight away they said they would add the DAS to my account and my DH account Obviously your reasons for a DAS may be different to mine, but if you just explain to them why you are unable to wait in the normal queue then they will be able to assist.

We found DAS amazing! We've been 3 times to DW and hadn't heard of the system the first 2 times. On our 3rd and most recent trip we had the DAS and it was so helpful. A really fab system. My anxiety was SO much better for that trip compared to the first 2.
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

They are not allowed to ask for any medical proof due to disability laws here.
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
They are not allowed to ask for any medical proof due to disability laws here.
Ahh that's interesting! I thought it was a rule Disney made up (I know DLP ask for proof so I was waiting for Disney World to change), I didn't realise it was a law there!
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
NJC
Serious Dibber

There is one on the left before you go in and one on the left after you go in for Hs.
NJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

We used the one at Hs like said it was on the left just inside the park there was actually someone stood outside the building checking what people were after and he did our das pass there and then.Only took a couple of mins to set up and we were good to go
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by NJC View Post
There is one on the left before you go in and one on the left after you go in for Hs.
The one inside usually has a shorter line because they aren't sorting out all the people with ticket issues.