Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Nov 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie666
Proud to wear my Ears

Ravello @ The Four Seasons

So for my birthday we decided to do something we've never done before, and that is a trip to Ravello for breakfast.

They do offer this as a character breakfast but not on the day we wanted to go.

I had heard mixed info about the parking cost so I emailed them and within 30 minutes they had replied to advise me that they are valet only but they'll validate it in the restaurant.

Well it is a lttle bit of a drive to get there but through a gated community and up to some beautiful grounds. And boy was it worth it.

From the moment you arrive you feel like you have "arrived". The service level just jumps up a huge step and everyone is so polite.

The restaurant, pre booked, was instantly available and we chose to have the buffet, which was alwas the plan. We had checked it out on Tim Trackers video, although he had the characters, so we knew roughly what to expect. We had also had Tusker House the previous day so this wasn't our 1st Floridian buffet of our holiday.

We sat down and went off to get a fruit bowl and juice to start as we were both a little stuffed, nasally!

On my way back to the table the waiter addressed me by name "mr F..." and asked me what drink I would like. Now I know this is only a little thing but taking the time to note your customers name before they tell you just shows a little bit of care.

BTW I had my birthday badge that I picked up at AK the previous day and everyone in the resaturant was wishing me a happy birthday as I went around the food.

Now the food: This wasn't the biggest buffet selection, (if you compare to say a Vegas buffet breakfast) but it was all very high quality, clean, tidy and tasted fantastic and believe you me you get full very quickly and anyone who knows me knows that that takes quite a feat!

The service from our waiter was impecible, so polite and speedy when you needed it.

Everyone working on the buffet was so polite.

Whilst I had popped to the loo the waiter had approached my wife and told her he had a birthday cake for me and apparantly they were both waiting for me on my return, but me being a bit of a piggy was of making myself another smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel as soon as I was back.

They found me and I was presented with a lovely little cake, beautifully decorated with a little candle.

I genuinenly could not fault this meal or the service and we did tip accordingly.

We then left the restaurant and wondered around a little bit to the pool, where we instantly regretted not bringing our cossies as it was so beautiful.

The pool attendant recommended we try "Lickety Split" for their ice cream.

We walked in and as we were so stuffed we had no intention of purchase but the girls behind the counter insisted we try their various flavours, then as they saw my badge they offered me a full free scoop and then doubled up offering my wife one as well. OMG

Now this is not the cheapest place for a breakfast, although it only worked out about $5 more than TH or Crystal Palace and it was a far better experience. Highly recommended.
Orlando (No Disney apart from MNSSHP) - 2022
Disneyland Mars (Green Lagoon) - 2038
ellie666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds great! I just read your Cheesecake Factory thread. No wonder it was such a disappointment. Definitely in a whole different league. I haven't been to the Four Seasons but my husband played golf there and was very impressed with the service in the course and at lunch.
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Sounds fab and right up my street. We're there for a milestone birthday next year and this has most definitely now gone on to the breakfast shortllst. Off to take a look at their website.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

We stayed there but aren't big breakfast eaters, Ravello is lovely too for dinner though.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Sounds amazing. What a great reception and acknowledgement of your birthday. I have read Dr J’s threads and have this earmarked as an adults only treat one year I hope!
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds good, I would like to get here for dinner someday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie666
Proud to wear my Ears

We were recommended dinner in the top flor restaurant (sorry name escapes me)

we would 100% go back, but just once per holiday - don't want to jinx it (see Cheesecake factory review )
Orlando (No Disney apart from MNSSHP) - 2022
Disneyland Mars (Green Lagoon) - 2038
ellie666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ellie666 View Post

we would 100% go back, but just once per holiday - don't want to jinx it (see Cheesecake factory review )
I know which one you mean, the name escapes me too at the moment. I would like to do Ravello dinner as there is a particular meal that sounds lush, veal ravioli.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ellie666 View Post
Capa, it is very good up there - we celebrated DW's B'day up there in July
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I know which one you mean, the name escapes me too at the moment. I would like to do Ravello dinner as there is a particular meal that sounds lush, veal ravioli.
It does indeed sound, look and taste lush I tried it a couple of years ago.