Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Dec 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Oh yes the ride looks amazing, it’s not the ride I’m disappointed with, it’s the reported reliability and the fact it’s not open in morning hours, which I saw as my best chance. Wasn’t sure of this virtual queue, although the story above sounds as though that may be an impossibility.
I’ve been reading from insiders it’s reliability is poor and it can take a long time to get going if it breaks.
Hagrid- I also shrugged my shoulders and moved on, but I am much more eager to ride this.
I agree that if the reliability is poor then that is disappointing. Given that RotR opened a few months after GE, I would've hoped that they'd have ironed out most of the bugs during the additional time.

Seems that Mr Chapek isn't following his own advice.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh come on give it a chance. I’ve been at Disney for several new rides when they have been on the day or within the month new. Get up early and get it. I’ve got on them all. Will just try to same for this but be hitting the virtual not actual line. I can’t wait for this one. Hopefully by July we will have some news from Touring Plans about the best way to tackle it. If it’s a virtual queue from park opening I’ll be booking and early ADR and be finger ready on the phone. There’s always a way. Think positive 🙂
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just watched the POV walkthrough. Looks incredible really, until it broke down near the end and the Vloggers had to walk out.
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Watched also... looks amazing (from someone who hasn’t watched a Star Wars film and to be honest don’t know much on what is going on).

Anyhow, don’t expect we will be going on this in May next year. Little one is too small and seems a long ride for each to go on individually. May wait for a few years!

However, great to see that with this, rest of GE, TSL and the Mickey ride, DHS is becoming a full day park again!
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

So its behaving like almost every other new ride in the world and has some technical issues? Not surprised at all... The benefit / downside of being lucky enough to ride a new ride close to its opening date. It will improve over time like all new rides.

It took Alton Towers pretty much 12 months to get Wickerman running as flawless as possible and that isn't all that complex. The likes of Hagrids and the new Star Wars ride are far more complex.

You just can't test a ride like having thousands upon thousands using it every day. Just a simple reality.

Edited at 12:24 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Even though HS park hours are from 9am this morning. It is currently open and RotR is boarding groups 10-11 and it is 6:27am
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
Even though HS park hours are from 9am this morning. It is currently open and RotR is boarding groups 10-11 and it is 6:27am
What the hell ? How would anyone know its open ?
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Wait times started at 6:00am!
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
Wait times started at 6:00am!
Sorry what I meant was if I had gone to bed last night expecting the place to open at 9am and when I woke up at 6am I found out it just opened I would be pretty dam annoyed!

I wonder how the people who where there at 6am found out in advance.

Edited at 12:48 PM.
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
It is quite likely it is for hotel guests only and they are being notified in the hotels.

We would need to hear from someone out there now to see if they knew.