Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Dec 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Angiesmash
Looking for my Ears

Mobile Parking for Disney world parks

We're on our way to Orlando for the 3rd time (last time was 2014)and I can't believe how much parking at the parks has gone up. I'm sure they were $12 and now they're $25!
A friend has suggested we park at a Disney resort (free?) and then use the free transport. Can we do that? Surely everyone would
Angiesmash is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Nope can't do that. You can park at Disney Springs but buses don't run to the parks.
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sure they have made it so that you don’t have a choice but to pay parking when offsite.

Ie buses from Disney springs no longer run to parks.
But I suppose you could get to a hotel then to a park? I’m not sure but all I know it is a hell of a mess about especially when you wanna leave.

I know you can’t park at a resort. I wanted to park at beach club just to look at the boardwalk and maybe get an ice cream but as we had no reservations and even though I am a pass holder so I don’t pay for parking they wouldn’t let me in anyway and I think if they did for a reservation it’s 3 hours max

I agree. The parking charges suck. But I think it’s just now part and parcel with the expense Disney world costs
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney want you to stay at Disney. The parking expenses are there to get you to think about it.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

After 5pm buses do now run from the parks to Disney Springs but I doubt time wise that would be very helpful. Yes parking is super expensive but people trying to "swerve" the cost is part of the reason they keep increasing the costs. I'm not saying I wouldn't or having a go at anyone that does as I appreciate it adds a lot to a holiday but its one of those extra costs that I think its safer to factor in than to try and avoid.
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Angiesmash View Post
We're on our way to Orlando for the 3rd time (last time was 2014)and I can't believe how much parking at the parks has gone up. I'm sure they were $12 and now they're $25!
A friend has suggested we park at a Disney resort (free?) and then use the free transport. Can we do that? Surely everyone would
You cant do that ..

If you could , everyone would ...

I was there last month and twice we went to hotels for dining reservations, we had to show ID and the booking confirmation and only then allowed to park .

It would takes ages going from Disney springs to the parks via buses specially in busy times
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
Disney want you to stay at Disney. The parking expenses are there to get you to think about it.
Not really given you are shortly going to have to pay to park at disney hotels even if staying there.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You only get 3 hours at the hotels.

Hoenstly, if everyone starts avoiding by parking at resorts or Springs, they will just charge at Springs and hotels. Oh wait, they've already started at hotels!

So public transport - bus or taxi/uber or pay the charge.

Not much else you can do except upgrade 1 ticket to an AP but they are around $1000.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Not really given you are shortly going to have to pay to park at disney hotels even if staying there.
It's not in Disney's interests for any of their visitors to have access to a car, and that goes for guests in Disney hotels too. If they can keep their captured audience on site for everything by making it harder to 'escape' the bubble, then more of their guests $$'s will be spent in Disney. Coupled with inflated food prices and reduced quality over the last ten years compared to what you can get offsite, it's a win win for profits/shareholders because the stats show that attendance continues to rise.

Debra

Edited at 02:09 PM.
Tetrarch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Universal parking is even more expensive. Parking was a big part of decision for me to upgrade to an annual pass. When I worked it all out, across the two weeks my AP upgrade saved me over €100 (parking and food/merchandise discounts).
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List