Notices

Old 15 Aug 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

We took literally thousands of photos for the same reason. It was also the main reason I did a trip report on here as it is so nice to look back on.
For the plane we bought kids activity packs from keepemquiet that I saw recommended on here. We then wrapped everything individually inside them so that could have something to unwrap every hour or so on the flights. It worked ok for us but you would be able to put something similar together yourself. I would recommend them though and will consider them next year too.

An over night stay at the airport the night before really worked well for us last time too. It just meant we and the kids were so much more relaxed just waking up for breakfast and wandering into the terminal. Was much better than dragging the kids round the M25 on the morning (we are in Essex too).
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress

Edited at 11:39 AM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
We took literally thousands of photos for the same reason. It was also the main reason I did a trip report on here as it is so nice to look back on.
For the plane we bought kids activity packs from keepemquiet that I saw recommended on here. We then wrapped everything individually inside them so that could have something to unwrap every hour or so on the flights. It worked ok for us but you would be able to put something similar together yourself. I would recommend them though and will consider them next year too.

An over night stay at the airport the night before really worked well for us last time too. It just meant we and the kids were so much more relaxed just waking up for breakfast and wandering into the terminal. Was much better than dragging the kids round the M25 on the morning (we are in Essex too).

Yes I have heard about keep em quiet. Good idea wrapping anything up, I think im going to do this too also I will be less likely to give him everything in one go.
That's a really good point about the Trip report, my mum likes reading them and she can read and look at the pics without my Dad getting bored!
Yes im looking forward to staying over the night before. You know as well I do the M25 can be one giant car park and that stress of sitting in traffic will be unbearable. x

Becca

Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

Hello! We go shortly after you, also staying at POR and taking our 19 month old for the first time!
We've heard all the same comments and you but we don't care. It's just as much as holiday for the adults as it is for the kids We would much rather go to Florida for 2 weeks than go to Spain!
We have also booked 4 table service breakfasts as I can imagine our daughter being an early riser, especially due to the jet lag! We've booked more table service dinners towards the end of the trip when hopefully the body clocks wouldve sorted themselves out a bit
Looking forward to reading more updates!

Edited at 04:43 PM.
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Emma2288 View Post
Hello! We go shortly after you, also staying at POR and taking our 19 month old for the first time!
We've heard all the same comments and you but we don't care. It's just as much as holiday for the adults as it is for the kids We would much rather go to Florida for 2 weeks than go to Spain!
We have also booked 4 table service breakfasts as I can imagine our daughter being an early riser, especially due to the jet lag! We've booked more table service dinners towards the end of the trip when hopefully the body clocks wouldve sorted themselves out a bit
Looking forward to reading more updates!
We are exactly the same... we have been to Majorca (Alex was 18 months and we have been to Lanzarote (Alex was 9 months) while very nice you don't really relax with a little one, all the time concerned about falling in the pool and over heating. We are more annoyed with ourselves we didn't take him sooner!
Hope you have the best time! What table services have you booked? x

Becca

Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Beccab0301 View Post
We are exactly the same... we have been to Majorca (Alex was 18 months and we have been to Lanzarote (Alex was 9 months) while very nice you don't really relax with a little one, all the time concerned about falling in the pool and over heating. We are more annoyed with ourselves we didn't take him sooner!
Hope you have the best time! What table services have you booked? x
Yes I agree! Whilst beach holidays are lovely for some, hubby and I don't enjoy them much as we get bored very easily We love Florida so much and are certain we definitely won't get bored! It was the only place we wanted to go so thought 'why not?' The only thing I'm dreading is the flight but in the grand scheme of things it's such a short amount of time I'm sure it'll be fine. We won't have much choice when we've taken off anyway haha

Ah thank you, I hope you do too

We have booked similar table services to you actually! Breakfasts: Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Tusker House & Be Our Guest. Dinners: Morimoto Asia (at 4pm so technically lunchtime and 1 TS credit ), Homecomin, The Boathouse, Yak & Yeti, Coral Reef, Narcoossee's, T-REX, Ohana and Hollywood and Vine (might cancel this one nearer the time!).
I'm hoping when we've been there for a few days we will understand how manageable the evening times are in the parks. At home she goes to bed around 7:30-8 so not sure how ambitious the night time shows are! But we will just have to play everything by ear

PS - Do you remember what Tim Tracker vlog you watched when you saw the Egg Benedict flight? I'd love to watch it - sounds amazing! I love food vlogs haha

Edited at 06:22 PM.
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Emma2288 View Post
Yes I agree! Whilst beach holidays are lovely for some, hubby and I don't enjoy them much as we get bored very easily We love Florida so much and are certain we definitely won't get bored! It was the only place we wanted to go so thought 'why not?' The only thing I'm dreading is the flight but in the grand scheme of things it's such a short amount of time I'm sure it'll be fine. We won't have much choice when we've taken off anyway haha

Ah thank you, I hope you do too

We have booked similar table services to you actually! Breakfasts: Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Tusker House & Be Our Guest. Dinners: Morimoto Asia (at 4pm so technically lunchtime and 1 TS credit ), Homecomin, The Boathouse, Yak & Yeti, Coral Reef, Narcoossee's, T-REX, Ohana and Hollywood and Vine (might cancel this one nearer the time!).
I'm hoping when we've been there for a few days we will understand how manageable the evening times are in the parks. At home she goes to bed around 7:30-8 so not sure how ambitious the night time shows are! But we will just have to play everything by ear

PS - Do you remember what Tim Tracker vlog you watched when you saw the Egg Benedict flight? I'd love to watch it - sounds amazing! I love food vlogs haha
I'll make sure to post any good tips for the plane.

My clever husband has managed to find it:

youtube/watch?v=n5cjlVHWiF0&t=811

It looks amazing, pretty sure we're both going to be ordering it when we go.

Becca

Old 16 Aug 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Beccab0301 View Post
I'll make sure to post any good tips for the plane.

My clever husband has managed to find it:

youtube/watch?v=n5cjlVHWiF0&t=811

It looks amazing, pretty sure we're both going to be ordering it when we go.
Thank you clever husband! That's my Friday night tv sorted.

Looks incredible!