Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

San Francisco Airport Car Hire Pick Up

Hi,

Just checking to see if anyone else here has picked up a hire car from San Francisco Airport?

I see that we need to take a little train to the car hire center.
Is it within the international terminal?

Thanks xx

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Yes it is and it’s very easy ... if you are not sure just put a search into You Tube - getting to SFO car hire, there is a really good video on there... the car hire stop is the last one on the transit... it’s a transit just like at MCO and very well signposted .
Hope this helps
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Thank you so much.
That's really reassuring

@adeandlisadodisney

miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi ya
We have just got back from San Fran yesterday and it is dead easy in picking up and dropping off. Just follow the signs to the Air Train, it does a loop of the airport with a few different stops. If you end up going the wrong way round (like we did!) don’t worry just jump on the next one going in the opposite direction. We are with Avis Preferred so went straight to the garage found our name on the board and got in the car.
Have a fab time, I’m extremely jealous with very bad post holiday blues!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

We are Avis preferred for our trip in 4 weeks ... is it that easy to just see your name and find your car?
We requested a specific car so not sure if we need to visit the desk or not. last time we flew in to SFO and picked up a car with Avis everyone had to visit the desk ... but saying they they were very fast , friendly and efficient
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Hi ya
We have just got back from San Fran yesterday and it is dead easy in picking up and dropping off. Just follow the signs to the Air Train, it does a loop of the airport with a few different stops. If you end up going the wrong way round (like we did!) don’t worry just jump on the next one going in the opposite direction. We are with Avis Preferred so went straight to the garage found our name on the board and got in the car.
Have a fab time, I’m extremely jealous with very bad post holiday blues!
Thank you so much.
I just had a quick read of your pre trippy.
Looks amazing. I hope you had the best time
We are staying at the Columbus Inn too with the extra bedroom.

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 10 Aug 19, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
We are Avis preferred for our trip in 4 weeks ... is it that easy to just see your name and find your car?
We requested a specific car so not sure if we need to visit the desk or not. last time we flew in to SFO and picked up a car with Avis everyone had to visit the desk ... but saying they they were very fast , friendly and efficient
I believe if it’s your second rental as an Avis Preferred member then your name should be on the board. To be honest the Preferred desk had no queue so even if it’s not on there it should be no big deal to get your keys from there. Have a great trip!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
Thank you so much.
I just had a quick read of your pre trippy.
Looks amazing. I hope you had the best time
We are staying at the Columbus Inn too with the extra bedroom.
Thank you! We had an amazing time, you will all have a blast.
The Columbus was fantastic, I can highly recommend. So close to Fisherman’s Wharf and the staff were really great.
I’m in the middle of writing up my highs and not so highs which may be of interest, will hopefully get it posted tomorrow

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 10 Aug 19, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you! We had an amazing time, you will all have a blast.
The Columbus was fantastic, I can highly recommend. So close to Fisherman’s Wharf and the staff were really great.
I’m in the middle of writing up my highs and not so highs which may be of interest, will hopefully get it posted tomorrow
Thank you. I can't wait to read along

@adeandlisadodisney