Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 1 Jul 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sugg42
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile Help at Gatwick airport

I am going in August and have requested special assistance via my airline Norwegian Air and I know from previous holiday 2 years ago that I was able to get assistance from the departure lounge to the aircraft. But my mobility has gotten a lot worse and I can’t walk very far and definitely not stand for more then 2/3 mins.
We are parking at the south terminal short stay car park. Has anyone else used special assistance at Gatwick and had assistance from say the help points in the carpark ,threw check in and then threw security.
sugg42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

hi - I have arranged it for my parents recently. my advise would be to get dropped off at the special assistance office. you just follow the signs at Gatwick for drop off and special assistance. you can stop right outside the office (there are two in the drop off zone). then let the driver drive around and park and come meet you and the luggage at the special assistance office. they will then take you to the terminal check in etc and they will they come and collect you on their buggy and help you through security and take into the departures area. they will give you a pager which will go off 5 minutes before they come to take you to the gate. this is how it worked for my folks recently and they couldn't praise it enough

Edited at 03:11 PM.
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sugg42
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Thank you for your advice does sound like a plan and will do as you mentioned.
sugg42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Gatwick are absolutly superb at assistance. We always go to the assistance kiosk with our son who is autistic. They provide someone to guide us through the security then walk us to the assistance lounge area and allow us to chill or look at shops. Then when ready to board they call us via a buzzer thing like you get in a restaurant and then assist us to the gate and ensure we are boarded first.
They even offered offered my son a rode on a buggy through the airport and it was most disappointed when i made him walk! lol

The staff are so helpful.
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List