Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have just got back from our 3 week West Coast road trip.
Not sure if you can see the figures in the picture but they are all the prices we paid for accommodation, flights, car and any trips or extras.

We are a family of 4 and averaged £183 a night. We obviously went in peak times but could have saved some by not having 1 or 2 bedroom suites/apartments in most of our stays. If you’re happy to all be in one room then you could certainly do it for £150 a night.
We also upgraded our car that bumped up the cost

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Not sure if you can see the figures in the picture but they are all the prices we paid for accommodation, flights, car and any trips or extras.

We are a family of 4 and averaged £183 a night. We obviously went in peak times but could have saved some by not having 1 or 2 bedroom suites/apartments in most of our stays. If you’re happy to all be in one room then you could certainly do it for £150 a night.
I love your spreadsheet!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DanSambora85
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That's a big help thankyou!
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

That is a great help to us too! Thank you.
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I love your spreadsheet!
Originally Posted by DanSambora85 View Post
That's a big help thankyou!
Originally Posted by Mrs Toolman View Post
That is a great help to us too! Thank you.
No problem at all, glad it helps. Let me see if I can get a clearer photo as it looks a bit blurry!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

I’m planning a 14 night trip in March 2020 (Monterey, Santa Barbara, LA, Anaheim, San Diego, Las Vegas) and coming in at around £150 per night average. I’ve booked everything on free cancellation rates and have already cancelled and rebooked a few of them more than once! I’m periodically checking but hope to keep it around the £150 mark.

Agree that smithlane’s spreadsheet is excellent!

Edited at 10:05 PM.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

This should be better!

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 10:19 PM.
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are a family of 2 plus 2 boys.

Easter hols last year.

SFO. Marriott in Union Sq 3 nights average £175 per night. Good 3 star no breakfast. Recommended, but wish I had been nearer to Union Sq.

Monterey. Monterey Bay Inn. 1 night . £230. Excellent location with Ocean front balcony. Breakfast delivered to room. Highly recommended.

San Luis Obispo. Madonna Inn. 1 night £230. It’s the Madonna Inn! No breakfast and a highlight of the vacation in its own right.

Valencia (for 6 flags). Hilton Garden Inn. 1 night £138. It’s Ok, on a noisy road and a short walk to 6 flags. No breakfast.

Anaheim. Superb Airbnb.. other than it was in a no Airbnb area. 2 nights average £172.

San Diego. Scruffy 2 bedroom Airbnb Mission beach. 5 nights average £180. Not

Long Beach. RMS Queen Mary State room. 1 night £160 and an awesome experience.

Easter 2020 (all now booked).

SFO. Columbus motor Inn. 3 nights average £210. 2 bedroom suite, basic but close to Fishermen’s Wharf.

Monterey. Monterey Tides. Ocean view room. 2 nights average £225 to have a room where they will add a roll out bed. No breakfast.

San Luis Obispo. Madonna Inn 3 nights average £210. No breakfast.

Vancouver. 3 nights and free! Staying with a very old ex Army friend.

Hoping it helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We are a family of 2 plus 2 boys.

Easter hols last year.

SFO. Marriott in Union Sq 3 nights average £175 per night. Good 3 star no breakfast. Recommended, but wish I had been nearer to Union Sq.

Monterey. Monterey Bay Inn. 1 night . £230. Excellent location with Ocean front balcony. Breakfast delivered to room. Highly recommended.

San Luis Obispo. Madonna Inn. 1 night £230. It’s the Madonna Inn! No breakfast and a highlight of the vacation in its own right.

Valencia (for 6 flags). Hilton Garden Inn. 1 night £138. It’s Ok, on a noisy road and a short walk to 6 flags. No breakfast.

Anaheim. Superb Airbnb.. other than it was in a no Airbnb area. 2 nights average £172.

San Diego. Scruffy 2 bedroom Airbnb Mission beach. 5 nights average £180. Not

Long Beach. RMS Queen Mary State room. 1 night £160 and an awesome experience.

Easter 2020 (all now booked).

SFO. Columbus motor Inn. 3 nights average £210. 2 bedroom suite, basic but close to Fishermen’s Wharf.

Monterey. Monterey Tides. Ocean view room. 2 nights average £225 to have a room where they will add a roll out bed. No breakfast.

San Luis Obispo. Madonna Inn 3 nights average £210. No breakfast.

Vancouver. 3 nights and free! Staying with a very old ex Army friend.

Hoping it helps.
That's a great list! Thank you
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List