Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 31 Jul 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

September Itinerary :) :)

52 days to go! My best friend and I are visiting for a week starting Sept 21st, and have been planning and saving for about a year and a half. Neither of us have been in around a decade so we wanted to hit all the nostalgic points while also working in some of the new stuff! Here is our plan for the week:

Sat 21st:
Arrive early afternoon and check in to POFQ. Head straight to MK (FPs booked for childhood faves Haunted Mansion, Small World and Peter Pan starting at 5pm, but these are doable later in the week in case we hit delays at MCO!). Grab a QS Dinner and watch HEA first time ever!

Sun 22nd:
Early ADR at BOG, FPs for Space, Big Thunder, and Splash Mountains - try and take advantage of EMH and get things like Pirates, Winnie the Pooh, Country Bears & Carousel of Progress done. 2pm Parade then possibly a break for a couple hours (or more rides!). We have a 6pm ADR at California Grill, then an early night to deal with the jetlag!

Mon 23rd:
Universal Day! Get to IoA for park open and do Jurassic Park then straight into Hogsmeade for the morning (fingers crossed we can get on Hagrid's! ) - lunch there then Hogwarts Express over to Diagon Alley for a couple hours, maybe a few other rides depending on crowds.
Uber over to Epcot for a QS dinner and an IllumiNations fastpass.

Tue 24th:
Chilled out Typhoon Lagoon morning (i will be in the lazy river for at least an hour straight), change, then head to MK for FPs (Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear, 7DMT), 5:30pm ADR at Tony's then our very first MNSSHP! We want to see the parade and the fireworks and the show, the rest of the time will be all about rides and SNACKS.

Wed 25th:
SLEEP IN. Late brunch ADR at Kona Cafe, then head to AK for the afternoon - FPs for Everest, Safari and FoP, work in Dinosaur and maybe Kali around that, dinner at Satuli and a Gluten Free Churro at Nomad and an early night.

Thur 26th:
The earliest of early mornings for HS EEMH! Planning on getting there about 5:30 for RD so we can go straight to RnR and ToT, then spend the morning in TSL and wandering around. FPs for Star Tours, SDD & Indy show, and a lunch ADR at Sci Fi. If the crowds aren't crazy we will explore SWGE but no plans to ride the ride. Take a break mid afternoon and come back for Fantasmic that night.

Fri 27th:
Epcot Day! PPO ADR at Garden Grill so we can RD Soarin, FPs for Spaceship Earth, Nemo & Frozen, will probably single rider Test Track then spend the afternoon exploring F&W around the World Showcase. We're planning to peace out of there by 5 or 6 before the IllumiNations crowds get crazy (trust us to choose the last Friday of the show as our Epcot day!) and head to Disney Springs for QS dinner and a bit of shopping - i HAVE to check out The Dress Shop!

Sat 28th:
Last Day! ME will pick us up around noon, so we have an 8:30 ADR at Crystal Palace, and will have a last wander down Main Street before leaving!

It's a busy week, but we are both morning people and haven't been in so long, we don't know when/if we'll be back so don't want to miss a thing! Most days have a chunk of unplanned time where we can go back to POFQ for a nap if we want, or just go to another resort to get a bit of peace. Otherwise we shall rely on much caffeine
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

I think most people will say you need to make sure you take plenty of down time - I'm in the middle of planning at the moment and I'm probably not leaving enough but it's all so exciting! If you think you can manage it thats cool, looks like a great plan - hope you both have a great time!
March 21 - DLP
September 21 - WDW
Duwsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

I definitely have to keep reminding my friend that we are older and slightly more decrepit that last time we were in the parks 😂if she had her way we would be rope drop to fireworks every single day, but I have made sure to carve out at least a couple hours each afternoon! If not a nap then at least let me sit somewhere air conditioned with a cold drink for a while!
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure i would make it through that arrival day. Guess it depends a bit on what time you get up, but watchinh HEA, you wont be done till 10 or 11, which will be 3/4am UK time.

Also, HS - RD for RnR amd ToT, you dont need to be there that early, that will be fpr all the peeps who want to Q for SWGE. But if you are there at opening i would have expected you to get on RnR, ToT and SD, probably more than once before 8. But if you are up at that time why not!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Yeah my hope is that once SWGE opens and we see what crowds are like then we won't need to do such an early morning at HS, but my friend is weirdly excited about such an early morning?
That first night will be a bit rough, but it's realistically our only chance to see HEA, so the hope is that a combination of sleeping on the plane, coffee, and adrenaline will keep us going!
Old 6 Aug 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Are you staying onsite?

If so, I'm sure your tickets go by your nights of stay rather than days of stay.

So if you went to the parks the day you arrive, the countdown for how long they are valid for begins and you won't be able to go into the parks on the day you fly home.
Old 6 Aug 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looks like a great plan! Lots of great fast passes booked too
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
Are you staying onsite?

If so, I'm sure your tickets go by your nights of stay rather than days of stay.

So if you went to the parks the day you arrive, the countdown for how long they are valid for begins and you won't be able to go into the parks on the day you fly home.
Yes we're onsite, but we have the 14 day for the price of 7 tix that are typically offered to UK guests - I wish we could afford to stay that long!
Old 6 Aug 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Looks like a great plan! Lots of great fast passes booked too
I am *SO PROUD* of those fastpasses! It was my first time ever booking them (last time I was in the parks was back in the days of kiosks and paper tickets!), but I did my research!
Old 7 Aug 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by katie786 View Post
Yes we're onsite, but we have the 14 day for the price of 7 tix that are typically offered to UK guests - I wish we could afford to stay that long!
Fab!

Looks really good to me - you'll have a great time! Enjoy!