Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Aug 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Definitely EMM at MK for us, and possibly the Star Wars dessert party if it's still on when we go next year 😀
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've done a number of extra events over several trips...

MNSSHP a few times - always great fun, love the trick or treating (and it's always fun to bring the several pounds of candy I get home to give out), the characters, the parade, the fireworks, and the general atmosphere. Would do again and planning to do again this trip!

Disney After Hours at MK twice - one of the best events I've done, you can get so much done in those 3 hours! And the ice cream is a nice bonus too. Would definitely do again.

DHS Star Wars dessert party - was just OK, did get a lot of food but didn't feel it was worth the actual cost of the party. The view of fireworks was pretty good though!

Keys to the Kingdom tour - fun, definitely good to have done at least once. Great way to see the backstage areas of MK especially the underground area!

Epcot Destinations tour - loved it, but I also love Epcot World Showcase! So much fun to go around all the countries (especially as most of the tour is before it is open to the public), and also to see the backstage areas of the park too.

Epcot Behind the Seeds tour - another great tour, and relatively affordable as far as Disney tours go. Fun to look at the Living with the Land greenhouse!

For my upcoming trip I've already booked MVMCP tickets. Almost certainly also getting MNSSHP tickets. Doing a few runDisney races (not sure if this counts as an extra but probably!). Not sure if doing other things yet, still planning!
Old 10 Aug 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We are a pair of miseries and refuse to pay any more money to Disney.

The last thing we did was the early morning tour of Soarin but that was 2 years ago and is free to DVC members.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Boat hire from Polynesian looks fun. But check the times as we turned up and they had just closed 😕

Like the idea of Frozen dessert fireworks party. Might give that a go next year.

MNSSHP is an obvious one if staying off property and want a ‘cheaper’ one off MK hit. Get there at 4pm.

An after hours might also be good. Don’t know if they do them in August though.

Edited at 05:01 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

We've done the Wild Africa Trek twice and loved it both times. I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

Next year considering MNSSHP or even an after hours event... so many amazing things to try. We will probably do one of the backstage AK tours - I read on here that you can touch the rhinos, which my OH would love.
Old 10 Aug 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
Boat hire from Polynesian looks fun. But check the times as we turned up and they had just closed 😕

Like the idea of Frozen dessert fireworks party. Might give that a go next year.

MNSSHP is an obvious one if staying off property and want a ‘cheaper’ one off MK hit. Get there at 4pm.

An after hours might also be good. Don’t know if they do them in August though.
We turned up ... first time we were out 7 mins before we had to come in due to a storm. Went to trader sams... bonus!

Second turn up ... great hour well spent. Highlight was seeing the shoe tree!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Last time we tried MNSSHP, Star Wars dessert party, a cabana at Blizzard Beach & hired a pontoon for the fireworks cruise from GF. DS & DH did the star wars tour too.

Cruise & MNSSHP both fab & would do again if funds allowed.
Star wars dessert party was good but not a must do, the boys enjoyed the tour but don't feel the need to repeat (though I'm sure if GE was included they would).
Blizzard Beach cabana we wouldn't do again. It's a lot of money & simply not worth it.

This time we're doing MNSSHP again, trying the after fireworks dessert party at MK & the candy sushi class at Epcot. Looking forward to them all.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
We've done the Wild Africa Trek twice and loved it both times. I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

Next year considering MNSSHP or even an after hours event... so many amazing things to try. We will probably do one of the backstage AK tours - I read on here that you can touch the rhinos, which my OH would love.
Only thing that worries me on wild Africa is they say you need to be comfortable with heights. Is it that bad? What sort if thing are we talking?
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Before We’ve done mnsshp and mvmcp multiple times , fireworks cruise multiple.
Hea dessert party and Star Wars .
Caring for giants tour
amphicars at Disney springs .

Ds would like to do fishing , will see if funds allow .
Doing mnsshp and mvmcp again .
Like the look of behind the seeds or rhinos this time .
Hiring a pontoon and sea racers this time.

Never booked a cabana or umpbrella at typhoon lagoon as there’s only normally about 50 Brits in the whole park when we go so you get to choose easily where you want to be
Want Star Wars dessert but may settle for frozen one.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

I have booked after hours for MK and AK. I also have MNSSHP but I wish I didn’t, I booked that as the after hours were not out at the time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List