Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Others didn't and I think that is the key point...
Sorry I'm not trying to score points if that's the way it's come across I'm just looking from my perspective.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Sorry I'm not trying to score points if that's the way it's come across I'm just looking from my perspective.
lol - I didn't think that
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
James_and_Shona
Earning More Ears

I have been reading this thread with interest. Can someone help with a question I have please?

Q: Where is the 'best' place to book the 2020 dining offer? Is it direct with the Disney UK site, which seems to say I only have to pay a £200 deposit (which seems great to me, I assume that is all I would lose if I decided to cancel later)? It says I can't book flights yet, but says you can add these later.

Sorry if this seems like a very noddy question, but we have always booked with VH but I wanted to pay a lower deposit this time in case we can't go for any reason next year. In my mind this means we can 'reserve' Disney for next year for only £200 and then decide later if we can go or not. Worst case we only lose £200.

Thanks!
Orlando Celebration - April 2008
Kissimmee Travelodge - April 2004
James_and_Shona is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by James_and_Shona View Post
I have been reading this thread with interest. Can someone help with a question I have please?

Q: Where is the 'best' place to book the 2020 dining offer? Is it direct with the Disney UK site, which seems to say I only have to pay a £200 deposit (which seems great to me, I assume that is all I would lose if I decided to cancel later)? It says I can't book flights yet, but says you can add these later.

Sorry if this seems like a very noddy question, but we have always booked with VH but I wanted to pay a lower deposit this time in case we can't go for any reason next year. In my mind this means we can 'reserve' Disney for next year for only £200 and then decide later if we can go or not. Worst case we only lose £200.

Thanks!
Book it for 1 person and you only have to pay a £50 deposit. You can add others later at no amendment fee cost. Even if the free dinning has ended they still get it. If you cancel you have lost £50.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Therigbys
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Book it for 1 person and you only have to pay a £50 deposit. You can add others later at no amendment fee cost. Even if the free dinning has ended they still get it. If you cancel you have lost £50.
Is this really the case? When I emailed and explained my son has begun his phase 2 training in the RAF and we can't say yet whether he can come or not - they suggested to book him on now.
Therigbys is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Therigbys View Post
Is this really the case? When I emailed and explained my son has begun his phase 2 training in the RAF and we can't say yet whether he can come or not - they suggested to book him on now.
Yes definitely, we did this for my mum. She wasn’t sure if she could come and I just rang up and added her on. Got free ddp for her too.
As long as the cost increases you won’t pay an amendment fee. And as the cost is based on the room it doesn’t matter if they only have one person on the booking.
Just do it before 60 days to get fastpasses booked and magic bands ordered etc
Oh and make sure you include on him on any adr’s
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Therigbys View Post
I imagine their solution to most problems is to book now.

We did it for this August 19. Booked 2 rooms in april 18. 1 person in each. Then about a month ago i shortened the dates by 1 day, and added 4 extra people across the 2 rooms. No amendment fee.

Will do the same on the 25th this year. 2 rooms booked for 1 person per room. Amend it later.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Therigbys
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Thank you. I suppose I just need to make sure I get a room that will take 4 people!
Therigbys is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

I booked 1 person into a garden room last April for this August and paid the £50 deposit, as I was unsure who could/couldn't make the trip. I changed the booking before Christmas to two people and changed the category to a Standard Room (this was not available last year) and just paid the additional £50 deposit for the 2nd person, we both get the free dining.
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I'm in a different situation, I know there will be 3 of us but as I'm hoping for VA reward flights I'm unsure of the best way to book. I'm thinking book to arrive the 2nd earliest date we could arrive for 9 nights then once secured an outbound flight amend the dates? Another dibber has mentioned booking a longer stay to cover all possibilities of arrival date due to accommodation availability so would I be better booking for 10 or 11 nights?
Had anyone struggled to get another person added?
Cashback effect? Allow if book at higher price more cashback but would this be refused if not paid out before changing?
Suggestions for tactics based on below
3 people (DS classed as adult)
Arrival day between a Sunday and following Wednesday
Minimum 8 nights in POFQ but would consider other moderate
Depending on early arrival date either 21 or 14 day Tickets
The remaining of stay will be off-site and booked after return flight booked
I'm ok with paying the £50 amendment fee
TIA

Edited at 08:23 AM.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List