Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad you enjoyed biergarten and the candlelight processional. I saw that pancake on the Denny's website looks fab.
Thanks. Our daughter said it tasted as good as it looked. Didn't last long! Happy Christmas x

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
No you're not but your photos on here and IG are helping me persuade my husband to consider Christmas away one year might be rather nice so thanks!
Let me know if I can do anything else to help!
Happy Christmas x

Mrs P
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 16, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Mobile

Happy Christmas everyone!

We have just had a morning swim/jacuzzi so whilst everyone else is showering, thought I would quickly try and catch up from yesterday.

Denny's

So our daughter really enjoyed her reindeer pancake.

Mr P had his favourite Grandslamwich

My parents have never been here before and my Dad was totally overwhelmed with the choice on offer. He was very happy with what he had. I helped him finish off the pancakes!

Moons over my hammy (without the eggs)

My Mum & I both had oatmeal plus my Mum had extra sides of fruit and yoghurt.

Hollywood Studios - Starring Rolls

We shared this cookie as everyone needed a little boost.

More Festive treats

Market St Cafe - Celebration

We met up with Mr P's brother and Leyfy for a lovely afternoon/early evening in Celebration. We all went to Market St Cafe. The milkshakes (Oreo, chocolate, strawberry) all came out at different times, so unable to take a photo of them all together. Everyone enjoyed them - thick and filling.

There was a slight delay with the beer due to lack of communication between the servers. They had the beer then they didn't?! This went on for a while. If you have read Leyfy's trip reports (highly recommend them) then you will be aware of "Phil points at a pint" which after a while waiting was able to capture one they did have!

Perkins

The original plan for our Christmas Eve dinner was to go to Bob Evans. We checked the website and it said it was open till 10pm but when we arrived it was shut. So we decided to go to Perkins near by. 4 of us had the turkey dinner. We all had different sides of mash, asparagus, broccoli and sweet corn.

Our eldest wasn't very hungry so ordered a starter of hamburger fries. Then this mahoosive plate of food arrived! She enjoyed it but hardly made a dent in it. It was boxed up to take away but will probably just sit in the fridge.

Kids meal

Unfortunately none of us had any room in our dessert stomachs for pie. Need to return to correct this.

We also had an email for 20% off.

A really lovely Christmas Eve all round.

Mrs P

Edited at 01:22 PM.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 16, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Happy Christmas to all of you from all of us! Nom nom on...
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 16, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

All looks amazing so far! Happy Christmas to you!

Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 16, 04:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Happy Christmas to all of you from all of us! Nom nom on...
Happy Christmas to all of you too!

Originally Posted by slow.jo View Post
All looks amazing so far! Happy Christmas to you!

Jo xx
Thank you. And to you too! Not long now...

Mrs P
Old 26 Dec 16, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Mobile

Christmas Day!

Yesterday we had popped back to Panera Bread to buy the holiday loaf we had previously seen. We all tucked into this for breakfast.

We put a small amount of butter on to make this a little more (*apologies in advance to those who don't like this word) - moist! It smelt lovely and sweet and there was gooey apple running through it. It tasted like a combination of a fruit loaf and a pastry. We all enjoyed it.

We had a morning swim (as you do on Christmas Day!) then showered etc and a few mouthfuls of M&M's may have been consumed from the different bags in the kitchen!

Spinners
At the Grand Plaza - St Pete Beach

For lunch we had made a reservation here. We had wanted to do something "different" on Christmas Day so we all agreed to go to the beach. My parents had never been here before, so this was ideal for them.

We had previously enjoyed our stay at the hotel but had never been to this restaurant. Our first choice would have been Bongo's but as you can't pre book, had no idea what it would be like on Christmas Day and didn't want to risk having a massive wait or going hungry. Spinners has excellent reviews on Trip Advisor so we decided to opt for this.

Wow! It didn't disappoint. As it is a 360 revolving restaurant the views were constantly stunning and the food was delicious.

There was a set festive menu.

Bread and salads were included

Our mains of prime rib and chicken. The men raved about the flavour and quality.

The chicken tasted better than it looked!

I can't find the photo of my salmon at the moment. But it was delicious. (Edited to add - I'm now thinking I may have forgotten to actually take the photo. Doh. Epic fail!)

Kids prime rib x2

Desserts

Service was excellent and would happily recommend here. When the bill arrived we were pleasantly surprised. Well worth it for what we had, on the date we ate and still cheaper than our meals on site at Disney.

Bongos

We then had a lovely walk on the beach followed by drinks at Bongos before watching the sunset. Can't beat this view. With my favourite people in one of our favourite places.

We agreed that this has been one of the best Christmas days ever. Lots of happy memories made.

Mrs P

Edited at 02:41 PM.
Old 26 Dec 16, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, what a great place to spend Christmas day. Those steaks look delicious 😃

The puddings look amazing and all finished off with lovely drinks. Can't get better than that. 😊

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 16, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow, what a great place to spend Christmas day. Those steaks look delicious 😃

The puddings look amazing and all finished off with lovely drinks. Can't get better than that. 😊
Thanks for reading and commenting.

Mrs P
Old 26 Dec 16, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a lovely Way to spend Christmas Day 🎄

Joan
Old 26 Dec 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
What a lovely Way to spend Christmas Day 🎄

Joan
One we won't forget in a hurry!
Hope you had a lovely time as well.

Mrs P