Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 9 May 14, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Question Hire car?

Hey there guys

I'd really like to hire a mustang/camaro or similar for our trip this year, however I've realised that they only seat 4 and this is our first year as a family of 5. So what I'd like to know is if any of you guys could recommend something suitably cool but with enough room for 2 adults and 3kids? Thanks
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
moshman10
Imagineer

moshman10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A real difference is a Suburban, I'm a muscle car lover, and have had a Camaro and a Challenger, but I found the Suburban was great and it was no slouch. Plus there is room for an undiscoverd tribe in a Suburban.
Old 9 May 14, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Cheers moshman10 I'll check it out
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 14, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We often have a mustang and in my opinion you would not get luggage for 5 people in the boot, there is only 2 of us and we have to use the back seat to and fro the airport as you can only get one large case plus small hand luggage in the boot.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 14, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
We often have a mustang and in my opinion you would not get luggage for 5 people in the boot, there is only 2 of us and we have to use the back seat to and fro the airport as you can only get one large case plus small hand luggage in the boot.
Thanks for that we only need it for getting to Universal/shopping etc as we're just gonna use the ME for the airport runs. So based on that, do you think it's possible to fit a 16, 11 year old & 2 year old in a car seat in the back?
And from your experience...did you notice if there is even 3 seat belts in the back? I'm guessing as it's advertised for hire for 4 people then prob not but useful to know, cheers

My friend suggested a Hummer but I've been told they are a nightmare to drive and park as they're so big and bulky? Not sure if the Suburban would have the same issues
Old 10 May 14, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
moshman10
Imagineer

moshman10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Suburban is bigger than the new Hummer as its based on a smaller pick up truck. and no they are not a nightmare to park, American parking bays are huge compared to here and the lanes on the roads are wider too.
Old 10 May 14, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by moshman10 View Post
The Suburban is bigger than the new Hummer as its based on a smaller pick up truck. and no they are not a nightmare to park, American parking bays are huge compared to here and the lanes on the roads are wider too.
Good to know, thanks we've only ever had experience of a Honda Civic and 8 seater people carrier type thingy (tech term ) over there before...so clueless about anything bigger or better.
Old 10 May 14, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread