Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 17, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Most of dds money will be spent in Mac and Sephora now but she's 17.
The first time we went, she was 9, I gave her $10 a day and my parents gave her the same. We went over Christmas though so money from my mum was her Christmas present rather than just giving her money.
This year she's saved her own from a small job she has, plus I put money on her f&f fairfx card the same time I loaded her sisters for her college program start off money
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

I gave mine $200 each last time the free gift card paid for one child which was handy as he was older (10) we just gave him the gift cards and he know once they was gone it was gone. youngest was only 3 so we just kept a tally of her spends so they got the same, with mine I found they was more interested in the rides and characters and everything else going on in the parks than the gift shops so it was plenty for them.
Old 12 Aug 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

previously the kids haven't really known in advance so I budgeted $5/$10 a day each that was theirs to spend on whatever they wanted Plus $50ish for our shopping day for something extra. It meant they could get something each day if they really wanted (though surprising how reluctant they are when it comes to spending their own money and it stopped the constant can I have xyz.

This time they have been told they need to save some money themselves and to my surprise its actually the youngest who is most on board - he actually asked if he could help clean the car and earn some pennies today. He is adamant he needs to save $150 so he can go to walmart
I will put aside a small amount for them this time but they know we are going and are old enough to help fund their shopping - dd esp as she's a total shopaholic
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

This is a really useful post as it's something we are deciding on now.

Our kids will be 5 and 3 when we go and I want to allocate them spending money. But I had no idea what to give them.

There is no chance of them getting spending money from relatives so we will need to cover all the cost.
It's really helpful to see what other people have given.
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our girls got a daily budget of $20 dollars each. If they wanted something bigger they would need to 'save' up their daily dollars.
Ds4ljs is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by t2ggergal View Post
One more question, do you get their money in cash or do you put it on a card for them, like a fairfx one?
My son will be 13 when we go next year ,and after loads of tips on the Dibb he has started his own saving tin .He watches Tim Tracker a lot and has been shocked that some T-shirts in Universal for example can be $30 as he is in adult sizes ,as well as the prices for odds and ends .
When we change it into dollars I will keep hold of it but I will let him buy what he wants within reason but he will use it for the arcade in the hotel and anything else he fancies but not for ice creams or anything like that .

I don't think children can have their own cards I know you could get one for them but I don't know whether there would be problems using it independently .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
littletrev
Imagineer

When we go our GDD will be 3 and she will have $20 per day, she is Winnie the pooh crazy so I can see a fair bit being spent on him. But once the money has gone it's gone.
Old 13 Aug 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
stardoman
Very Serious Dibber

I'm a bit of a mean parent. My kids ran out of money one year, so I told them that if they drank a full glass of Beverley at Epcot then I would give them $50 each. They all drank it with much face pulling ! They didn't know though, but I was going to give them the money anyway ...
stardoman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List