Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Feel like a newbie! Lots of questions

We didn't go to Florida last year😢 So I know feel like a real newbie!
First question, I'm staying onsite and have platinum plus annual passes, what time do I need to be online to book fastpasses?
Second, photo pass is included in annual pass, is this the same as memory makers? What's the difference?
Third, and a real major problem for me! Ways to avoid falling victim to the Disney rash? I thought I got away with it last time but after a long day at Epcot near the end of the holiday it reared its ugly head😢
I tried wearing flight socks at night last time and it really helped with foot and leg swelling! I was really careful not to itch my legs and tried to wash with cool water every night and took daily antihistamine When it did develop I used hydrocortisone cream and cool flannel and kept legs up. Any other suggestions would be great 👍
Fourth, can someone post the link to Alamo brits? I always get a car on our first full day and use magical express to and from airport, is Alamo my best option while staying on site?

Thanks so much, I think I'm just excited after such a long gap between going ( I've told DH this is never to happen again and we are going in less than a year again Aug/Sep 2018! ) 😊
Old 13 Aug 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. I will take three of your questions.

Firstly this is the link for Brits

alamo/partners/members/brits/

However as you want Alamo don't forget to look at car hire on Virgin Atlantic and Netflights who both have good prices. You will I assume be picking up at the Disney Car Care Centre and need to book their free Minibus the night before.

With regards to photos. They remain active on MDE for 12 months at least if you have an Annual Pass. I know this as I have hundreds and they are a darn nuisance!

Fast Passes you can book 60 days in advance for your whole trip as you are on site. If you weren't the AP only allows you 7 days worth.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 12:03 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. I will take three of your questions.

Firstly this is the link for Brits

alamo/partners/members/brits/

However as you want Alamo don't forget to look at car hire on Virgin Atlantic and Netflights who both have good prices. You will I assume be picking up at the Disney Car Care Centre and need to book their free Minibus the night before.

With regards to photos. They remain active on MDE for 12 months at least if you have an Annual Pass. I know this as I have hundreds and they are a darn nuisance!

Fast Passes you can book 60 days in advance for your whole trip as you are on site. If you weren't the AP only allows you 7 days worth.
Thanks Tom, car hire is DH domain, he is going to have a busy Sunday😊 ( he loves it really!).
Do online fast pass open at Midday? I've got in my head something about 5am or was that previous years?
Great news about the photos, although if we go next Aug/Sep i will need to remember and download before they expire!😊
Old 13 Aug 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
Thanks Tom, car hire is DH domain, he is going to have a busy Sunday😊 ( he loves it really!).
Do online fast pass open at Midday? I've got in my head something about 5am or was that previous years?
Great news about the photos, although if we go next Aug/Sep i will need to remember and download before they expire!😊
Sorry I should have said. Fast Pass time changed a while ago. It's now 12 midday for us. 7.00am in America.

A little tip about photos. When you have done what you want with them and downloaded all you want then delete them on MDE. It takes ages to do but if you don't you end up like me! To find new ones in my account takes an age as I didn't do it and the newest ones are the last to load.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

We didn't go to Florida last year😢 So I know feel like a real newbie!
First question, I'm staying onsite and have platinum plus annual passes, what time do I need to be online to book fastpasses?
Second, photo pass is included in annual pass, is this the same as memory makers? What's the difference?
Third, and a real major problem for me! Ways to avoid falling victim to the Disney rash? I thought I got away with it last time but after a long day at Epcot near the end of the holiday it reared its ugly head😢
I tried wearing flight socks at night last time and it really helped with foot and leg swelling! I was really careful not to itch my legs and tried to wash with cool water every night and took daily antihistamine When it did develop I used hydrocortisone cream and cool flannel and kept legs up. Any other suggestions would be great 👍
Fourth, can someone post the link to Alamo brits? I always get a car on our first full day and use magical express to and from airport, is Alamo my best option while staying on site?

Thanks so much, I think I'm just excited after such a long gap between going ( I've told DH this is never to happen again and we are going in less than a year again Aug/Sep 2018! ) 😊
I'm going next year. My last visit was in 1997 - now that's a long gap!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Sorry I should have said. Fast Pass time changed a while ago. It's now 12 midday for us. 7.00am in America.

A little tip about photos. When you have done what you want with them and downloaded all you want then delete them on MDE. It takes ages to do but if you don't you end up like me! To find new ones in my account takes an age as I didn't do it and the newest ones are the last to load.
Yes, I will need to be disciplined and do that😊, thank you.
I'm glad it 12mdday and not 5am, thank you😉
Old 13 Aug 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I'm going next year. My last visit was in 1997 - now that's a long gap!
That is definitely a long time, your going to have a great time when you go next year🎢🏰😊
Old 13 Aug 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
grannyed
Very Serious Dibber

Regarding the Disney rash.
Not sure if it is the same thing but I always end up with a rash on my lower legs between ankle and knee. It is red and angry looking but not particularly itchy or painful, just looks awful.

I assumed that it was prickly heat and like you used antihistamine cream, which helped a bit.

Last time we went I ran out of the cream I used to went to Walgreens. I spoke to the guy behind the pharmacy counter, I assume he was a pharmacist. Anyway he took a look at it and said -"that's not prickly heat it's heat oedema". Think he said oedema but it was something like that.

He suggested Muscle Rub which is similar to the cream we apply if we have sore muscles. Can't remember the UK name for it (Ralgex? ). He suggested the Walgreen's own brand in a red tube. I applied it on my calves - you get the deep heat sensation. The following morning it had practically gone, came back much less bothersome a couple more times but I applied it again and it went away.

Don't take my word for it but do go along to Walgreens and have the pharmacist look at it, they must see lots of heat related skin problems.
grannyed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

That is definitely a long time, your going to have a great time when you go next year🎢🏰😊
Thank you, yes I'm mega excited I could have gone back sooner but on average I go on holiday every 2-3 years and there were other places I wanted to go to which I did. But I've got them out of my system now so it's Disney for the foreseeable future
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by grannyed View Post
Regarding the Disney rash.
Not sure if it is the same thing but I always end up with a rash on my lower legs between ankle and knee. It is red and angry looking but not particularly itchy or painful, just looks awful.

I assumed that it was prickly heat and like you used antihistamine cream, which helped a bit.

Last time we went I ran out of the cream I used to went to Walgreens. I spoke to the guy behind the pharmacy counter, I assume he was a pharmacist. Anyway he took a look at it and said -"that's not prickly heat it's heat oedema". Think he said oedema but it was something like that.

He suggested Muscle Rub which is similar to the cream we apply if we have sore muscles. Can't remember the UK name for it (Ralgex? ). He suggested the Walgreen's own brand in a red tube. I applied it on my calves - you get the deep heat sensation. The following morning it had practically gone, came back much less bothersome a couple more times but I applied it again and it went away.

Don't take my word for it but do go along to Walgreens and have the pharmacist look at it, they must see lots of heat related skin problems.
Thank you, that's exactly the rash I get, not at all painful but looks horrible. I think your right about the oedema because keeping the swelling down definitely helped, I will go to Walgreens next time and take so advice. 😊