Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

For this year we got BA Flydrives from Manchester (put via Dublin, back via London) for £513 (out 1/8 and back 22/8) but had to cancel. However, that does seem to have been a remarkable price. I'm crossed fingers for around £700 - £750 including the car. What dates are you thinking of flying? When in August can make quite a difference.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
If you can overlap into September by a few days the prices drop massively, we have found that from the bank holiday in August onwards we can get direct with Virgin for £400 or under ... However before this £500 indirect seems like a good price to aim for
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by loopyloo33 View Post
I booked MAN-LHR-MIA, MIA-ORD-MAN on AA flying out yesterday and back on 28th August for £398 each. I know its to Miami but if you are flexible with where you are flying into and hiring a car it can be muh cheaper than flying into MCO.
Something like this would be perfect for us next year... do you mind asking my when these were booked and via which site? We need flights to Miami for a cruise !
Old 13 Aug 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We are looking to go next August too so watching this thread with some interest as not sure when is the best time to start looking. We are looking to go out between Sat 11th and Tue 14th and fly home on Fri 31/08 or Sat 1/09. Got a deposit on a villa for Sun 19th - Fri 31st (can extend by a day if needed) and will look what we will do for the other days when we have an idea on when we fly out so have a bit if flexibility to get the best possible deal on flights. We will be looking to fly from Manchester.

I know some flights for our dates will be available to be booked now or in the next few weeks but I guess 11 months from return flight is when most will be available so around start of October unless I'm mistaken. Hoping I can get flights for 2A and 1C (14yo) around £2k (under £700 ea.) or hopefully under and we don't mind indirect - I can hope anyway.

Dave
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jessie2012 View Post
That's great,we are quite open to doing the Dublin option.
Our first choice is Manchester too: Dublin out but direct to London back is our first choice, with Dublin both ways as the 2nd. Mainly because, if we were delayed from MCO, we wouldn't be reliant on the connecting flight to get home but could get on a train if the wait would be too long. Good thing to remember about Aer Lingus is I think the seat booking is free for the transatlantic bit, so it's a bit more of a saving which is important with 6 of us.

Edited at 09:17 PM.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List