Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 14 May 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Can someone else use our Disney tickets (not trying to scam!)

Hi

I don't really know how to explain this

We have our Ultimate 14 day tickets already.

Now we want to book one night onsite with the deluxe dining plan (via the US site), but obviously need to add more tickets in order to get the dining plan - we have family flying out to meet us and they want to go to MK for one or two days and were planning to get the US 2 day ticket...can we give them our tickets (the ones attached to the room)? We wont use them/wont be activating them as we have our own Ultimate tickets so I'm not trying to con Disney or anything.

Thanks for any help!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Hi

I don't really know how to explain this

We have our Ultimate 14 day tickets already.

Now we want to book one night onsite with the deluxe dining plan (via the US site), but obviously need to add more tickets in order to get the dining plan - we have family flying out to meet us and they want to go to MK for one or two days and were planning to get the US 2 day ticket...can we give them our tickets (the ones attached to the room)? We wont use them/wont be activating them as we have our own Ultimate tickets so I'm not trying to con Disney or anything.

Thanks for any help!
disneyworld.disney.go/en...ansfer-policy/

This seems to suggest if you don't use them you can do.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

they'll need to have a MDX account, or you can add them as dummies on your own account

then when the tickets are linked up, you should be able to assign them to the "other" individuals
the only catch would be if the tickets were not transferable as is the case with UK ultimates booked as a package. But I'm unable to tell if US package tickets are transferable or not. The link the previous poster added refers to tickets, but does not say if it's for standalone tickets, or for package tickets as well. Policies might be different. Hopefully another DIBBer will come with an answer to this.

but if I may, one night with DxDP ? is that even possible ? or worth it ?
ETA : you can get DxDP with a 1 nighter but you need at least a 2 days ticket

Edited at 03:34 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
they'll need to have a MDX account, or you can add them as dummies on your own account

then when the tickets are linked up, you should be able to assign them to the "other" individuals
the only catch would be if the tickets were not transferable as is the case with UK ultimates booked as a package. But I'm unable to tell if US package tickets are transferable or not. The link the previous poster added refers to tickets, but does not say if it's for standalone tickets, or for package tickets as well. Policies might be different. Hopefully another DIBBer will come with an answer to this.

but if I may, one night with DxDP ? is that even possible ? or worth it ?
ETA : you can get DxDP with a 1 nighter but you need at least a 2 days ticket
Ah thank you both!

I hadn’t even thought about the package v stand-alone tickets so I’ll check up on that!

For us, given the places we have our adr’s (Cali Grill & Boma) it’s actually cheaper to pay for DxDDP, especially as OH loves appetisers and I love cocktails...we’ll use it over the two days (check in/check out day) ☺️

Obviously, it only really works out for us if we can give our tickets to our family as otherwise it’s a waste of those!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You can give them your ultimates but the ones you order with your room would need to be in the same name as the people in the room in order to get the benefits you are trying to get.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You can give them your ultimates but the ones you order with your room would need to be in the same name as the people in the room in order to get the benefits you are trying to get.
Ok - is there a reason for this do you know? I’ve been scouring Disney and other forums this afternoon and all I can find is that tickets can be transferred if not used, and if the person exists in your Friends and Family list on MDE as it’s an electronic ticket not a paper one.
Old 14 May 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OP, if you rent DVC you don't need to buy any tickets, just ask the person you rent from to add the dining plan...that's much easier
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
OP, if you rent DVC you don't need to buy any tickets, just ask the person you rent from to add the dining plan...that's much easier
Ahh I know, but there's no availability for our dates...typical! This is what we usually do when we want a peaceful day pool day onsite x
Old 15 May 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
disneyworld.disney.go/en...ansfer-policy/

This seems to suggest if you don't use them you can do.
As the above link says, "Once a person uses a Magic Your Way ticket, all subsequent admissions are specific to that person and cannot be transferred to anyone else.

If you have not yet used a ticket, you may transfer it to another person".

Thus, if the OP hasn't used them then they can be transferred to someone else. In the past, my in-laws have bought us tickets as a Christmas present and given them to us.

Tickets bought separately aren't assigned to a named person and you can give these to anyone. Tickets in a package will be linked to that package, and therefore the people who you want to assign the tickets to must be listed in your MyDisneyExperience account (i.e. the account you link the package to). So, as long as the OP's family are listed in their MDE account, then they should be able assign the tickets to them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List