Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 5 Feb 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

We also made this decision. My daughters are 11 and 14, I just explained why and they were fine. Probably easier for us though as they're not Harry Potter fans. We found two days at Universal was enough for us last time, so when we broke down the cost for this year with the increases, we couldn't justify it. The Disney tickets are much better value for us as we find so much to do. We are doing a day at Seaworld with a ticket offer we got via Undercover Tourist and that's new for us.

Edited at 08:54 PM.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
That's a shame, but as you say you will still have a fantastic holiday.

Could you maybe say that you'll arrange to visit the Warner Studios at Watford in the future? We love it there and it's a must for any Potter fan.
Exactly the decision we came to. We are doing Discovery Cove all out on our trip. We had to decide between DC and Universal. We thought DC would be a better use of the money. So we decided we could do the studios at home instead.
It's a shame can't afford to do it all, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We didnt do Disney last time apart from TL and a Character meal. We did universal and IOA, dd wanted to Disney so I told her next time. She was happy woth that x
Old 5 Feb 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We are in the same position, It's me that really wants to go but it will be a last minute addition if we do it. The price is just too much for one or two days, but the Harry Potter stuff looks amazing (We are not interested in the rest particularly).

My kids are ok, they know that the holiday is expensive and whatever we do or don't do, we will have a good time.

But I really really want to go!
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

I must admit this year was the first time I looked at the prices and thought this seems like a lot compared to normal.

Disney + Universal + Seaworld = Easily £1900

They will soon price out most family's if it keeps rising.
LeedsDisneyGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore2009
Imagineer

eeyore2009's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
Mobile

I feel for you. We have made the same decision this year but we aren't doing any parks 😢.
We are going on a cruise and we were hoping to do a couple of days at universal but we just can't justify the prices. We looked at one day tickets but they are still so expensive.
We are gutted but it's the way it is
Old 6 Feb 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

We made the same decision. I'm HP mad and the 3 kids are too. But we decided that whilst they're still young enough to enjoy disney were going to stick with that and maybe look at doing a universal only holiday when they're older/taller.

I won't lie, they were disappointed but it was that or wait until 2018 and not see the christmas decs and shows (eldest DS starts high school in sept 2018 so I wouldn't want to take him out of school in the first few months)

They decided that disney this year sounded more appealing

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We told our 2 boys that next year we wouldn't go to Universal or Disney they were fine about it, the compromise is doing less parks and relax more but doing Busch Gardens, Seaworld and Aquatica. A 3 park ticket for 14 days use including parking is only £100 each.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It is difficult I agree.

Mind you, last year our holiday to Florida cost us just over £6000 in total for the 3 of us. We visited Disney, Universal and Seaworld. Universal tickets might now cost an extra £100 more each - but that's only 5% of the total cost of the holiday.

FYI: A 1 day park-to-park ticket (I assume you want to see both HP areas?) will cost $165. That's around £130 each. So, around £90 less per person than the 14 day tickets.

Originally Posted by LeedsDisneyGeek View Post
They will soon price out most family's if it keeps rising.
A Florida holiday is supposed to be a luxury that isn't affordable to most families.

The reason the parks are becoming more and more crowded is because it has become relatively affordable to visit.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:07 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
foxtrot
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

A Florida holiday is supposed to be a luxury that isn't affordable to most families.

The reason the parks are becoming more and more crowded is because it has become relatively affordable to visit.
you think its a luxury to go to florida , well that puts the rest of us plebs in our place
foxtrot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List