Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Feb 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
There will be the normal yearly increase no doubt. Depends on demand for vb and the new hotel really as well.
I'm debating wether to book them now on a deposit, so they're secured with that price. We only paid £580 for last years and now there £1080 for next summer 😡 But it feels really early to book! I'm happy to miss out universal completely but dh and the kids are wanting to do it. Not bothered about going to volcano bay as will have Disney water parks and none of us are huge fans of water parks really. Oh what to do! Any chance they will come down in price 😂

Edited at 09:56 AM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for all the response everybody - I have been doing some research.

Floridatix are charging exactly the same price for 14 day Universal with VB and without VB which is really frustrating as I can't help but feel they would be a lot cheaper without the extra park.

Another poster kindly added a link to orlandoattractions/

Other than the US Universal Website this is the only place I have found that does base tickets for 2018 without Volcano Bay which, to be honest, I'm really not that bothered about.

So...

A 5 day 2 park universal park hopper ticket without VB is £774 for 2 adults 2 children

A 2 or 3 day base park ticket without VB and no park hopping is around £600

A 14 day park hopping ticket with VB is £1004

It seems the pros for this are VB park hopping and of course the 14 days

The pros for the base tickets are that they're cheaper but I wouldn't usually do 5 straight days of universal and with a 2 day pass I sacrifice being able to go again later in the holiday.

So yeah...I can't find them cheaper and I have no idea how I'm going to budget about £1500 into my already extremely expensive holiday.

Edited at 10:39 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Also meant to add...I may as well wait until floridatix or similar do their 5% sales as they do them every BH.

I just wonder if anybody knows when they start doing deals for 2018? As they're all currently focused on this year still. It's pretty pointless buying them this early and missing out on saving a bit of money.

...I have a hope and a feeling that instead of offering free items with tickets that now the prices have increased so dramatically the ticket sites might offer monetary discounts instead. I dunno, wishful thinking?

What we need to do is boycott everything and go to florida and just sit in MCO. That will be fun
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Most sellers have the 2 park and 3 park for the same price , it happened when the announcement came out last Juneish about vb .
A lot of people are dropping universal or Disney . I priced up next year and it was £3300 for tickets alone so that's us done with Florida for a while after this one. The tickets are dearer than the holiday .
I would seriously recommend tickets are priced first before booking accommodation now to see where you want to be based . £660 each for Disney/universal is mind boggling without addding on the extras .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Most sellers have the 2 park and 3 park for the same price , it happened when the announcement came out last Juneish about vb .
A lot of people are dropping universal or Disney . I priced up next year and it was £3300 for tickets alone so that's us done with Florida for a while after this one. The tickets are dearer than the holiday .
I would seriously recommend tickets are priced first before booking accommodation now to see where you want to be based . £660 each for Disney/universal is mind boggling without addding on the extras .
I couldn't agree more

I stupidly assumed they wouldn't be much more expensive than last year so have a villa booked for 3 weeks but also booked 2 nights in Cabana Bay.

Regretting that now but bought if for my wife and mother in law as a birthday present.

I could always go and not go in the universal parks...loooool
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by ghostmark2005 View Post
I couldn't agree more

I stupidly assumed they wouldn't be much more expensive than last year so have a villa booked for 3 weeks but also booked 2 nights in Cabana Bay.

Regretting that now but bought if for my wife and mother in law as a birthday present.

I could always go and not go in the universal parks...loooool
Have you looked at the day tickets from universal ?
universalorlando/The...Admission.aspx
Might be worth a look.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jonnykeogh
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by NITR8 View Post
Universals prices are nothing to do with Brexit and more to do with them paying for Volcano Bay. As per the famous field of dreams quote, "Build it (put prices up) and they will come."

In fact the UK prices we pay for should not be affected by the fall in sterling as they have no dollar value, they are for UK guests only.

P.S Sterling is currently down 18% not 25% (1.5 to 1.25) In fact it is less than that as it was trading at 1.44 to 1.48 prior to Brexit.
Of course the UK prices are affected by the fall in sterling value!

Where do you think the resellers buy their tickets in order to sell them on? Pretty sure the authorised ticket sellers aren't all Del Boys of the world where they get them all on the cheap from backstreet traders.

Resellers will still buy their tickets from the parks directly (contracts etc), and the parks have their own pricing structure where Brexit plays no part to the them directly, but UK resellers are purchasing in sterling at a rate that has become a LOT more expensive since Brexit. Same way you get less dollars now for your money when exchanging at the Post Office or Thomas Cook. Surely that's common sense?

Prices increase year on year anyway, so they would always have gone up since 2015 regardless of Brexit. With Volcano Bay, the prices have gone up again which I think is understandable. Universal were ridiculously cheap last year before Brexit at about £150 for a 14 day ticket. You pay over £50 to go to Alton Towers for one day these days! So when you think of it that way, I don't think paying £230 for a ticket to 2 of the worlds best theme parks for 14 days access is too bad. The only way they'll come down is if people stop going.
1996 - Sheraton Inn, 1998 - Sheraton Inn, 2003 - Quality Inn International, 2005 - Enclave Suites, 2007 - Comfort Inn International, 2010 - Quality Inn International, 2013 - Boardwalk Inn & Hard Rock Hotel, 2015 - Beach Club & Legoland Hotel, 2015 - Hilton Garden Inn & Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2017 - Avanti Resort, 2017 - Lake Buena Vista Hotel & Spa/Sunset Vistas, 2018 - All Star Music Resort2019 - Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando
jonnykeogh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Yeah I worked that out yesterday. 3 day with non park hopping is still £687 so in the grand scheme of things paying £313 for an extra 11 days with VB seems worth it...but not really in the grander grand scheme of things. Curse my love of Florida.
Old 18 Feb 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
I've booked this morning with Florida Tix for the 14 nights 3 park tickets inc Volanco Bay for 2018, and paid a deposit. My thinking is that I don't want to pay any more than they're quoting right now, so if they go up, we've got them at a lower price, and if they somehow miraculously go down in price, and it's a fair amount, I can cancel & lose the deposit and rebook at the lower price still saving me money. This is only our 2nd trip and there's still so much we want to see and do, but if we ever get to go again after next year then one of them will have to be dropped. We did DC/SW/Aquatica last year aswell, we wont be adding that on as much as I would prefer DC over Universal, the others don't agree!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by croy1985 View Post
It may not have "dollar value" to the end user, but Universal take the hit when they change the £'s into $'s. I.e the £'s buy less Dollars than they used to.
Universal take no hit, they set the price and dollars so the exchange rate has no bearing on them. $100 is still $100 to them
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List