Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mich80
a Friend of the DIBB

1 st time help. Going in two weeks...

We have only just starting planning and off in two weeks! Can't wait.
Got a bit of a plan just need extra help with best night shows to watch. Going to be two adults , 11year old and 9 year old.
1st day - travel
2nd day - food shopping then magic kingdom.
3rd day - Aquatica am then seaworld.
4th day - Universal studio.
5th day - Epcot and night show.
6th day - rest day.
7th day - Animal kingdom.
8th day - Island of adventure.
9th day - Hollywood studio.
10th day - rest day.
11th day - Busch gardens.
12th, 13th and 14th day - left open for parks we want to re visit
15th day Disney spring am then fly home.

I have seen lots of people have pre books meals. We're not worried about where we eat so do we still need to book? Also have gluten free adult so will we find it easy to find food for him?
We're in a villa with virgin. Which night shows are best? Has anyone bought all day food ticket at universal? My hol rep said about it but not seen and info on it.
Any tips would be great full .
Thanks.
Mich80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
are you not trying typhoon lagoon or blizzard beach ? They are brilliant water parks and we use these as our rest days ( just in a lazy river lol) . Have you booked your fastpasses ?
Restaurants are advisable to book if you really want to eat there especially character meals.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I would do magic kingdom THEN the food shop on your second day. You'll be up early due to jet lag and you'd be better off heading in early as it's always quieter first thing.
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually do a full day at Seaworld expected to hate it due to animal issues etc but it's one of our favourites.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would say that is a good plan, just one thing I would do different, is going shopping on the day we arrive, before we get to our condo, or after, depends on the time we arrive, and my DH sits in the car to look after the cases, you may need provisions for your first night, and maybe look to doing a shorter day in MK one the first day, you will be tired by tea time as your body clock adjusts.

The other thing i would say is be flexible on your rest days, July/August is extremely hot, and quite humid, this may be a zapping if you aren't used to it, just go with what your bodies are telling you, unless you are the sort of family that loves to pack loads in, then 'go for it'

We have done the Universal eat all day, it would be worth it during the summer months when the parks are open for longer, we found we couldn't get our moneys worth in Nov when the parks aren't open for such long hours, and be prepared to eat loads!
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi,

I would probably get the bit of shopping after you arrive and then you won't have to do that on your 1st day! Are you planning full days in the parks? I would say Fantasmic is a must and obviously Happily Ever After!
We booked our holiday quite late and when I looked at getting adrs for places at Disney there wasn't much left to be honest with you no Be our guest etc so we are just winging it this year! I did manage to get a dining reservation at liberty tree tavern though.

Remember to drink plenty of water and use the air con in the shops duck in and out
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Top tip Don't take new shoes , they will kill your feet x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am very surprised that there is no Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. I feel sure that your children and yourselves would absolutely love them.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

looks a good plan

you could do your food shopping the day you land then you have a full day at MK and i would recommend doing another full day at MK later on (you still wont do it all)
i would also book a character night for a meal we like the garden grill with mickey pluto chip n dale its a quieter setting less little ones running about

AK you will do most of it by 3-4pm and its an early closing park too you could do a slap up meal somewhere bahama breeze is nice
or you could pop over to another disney park (epcot for the garden grill)
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Beauty and The Beast at Hollywood Studios is great as is Fantasmic. The Lion King show at AK is good fun but I'd totally bypass Finding Nemo - that was time I'll never get back.
Freeze water bottles in your villa to take to the park, stays cooler for longer.
You also get free water at all quick service/counters in parks so try and avoid purchasing as it builds up the cost. You may want to get one of those Robinsons' mini squash bottles as it does taste pretty icky though.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List