Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Jul 17, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Oh and earl of sandwich(disney springs) and les halles (paris epcot) have some of the most filling and best value items for a quick lunch or snack.

I also like the tangerine cafe for their pitta bread, chicken and salad offerings with a Moroccan slant!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
We didn't find the meals in MK to be that big and we are not big eaters!

I can't imagine the hassle of sharing meals for 21 days. Hardly a holiday! I would upgrade the dining plan
Agree, most QS meals are just normal size in our experience. BOG breakfast was positively on the small side compared to a full English here. That a family might have to share meals for 20 days is making me feel a bit sad!

I'd look into getting dining plan.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

This isn't a criticism, but I think reading the Dibb you can get the impression that you have to book table service restaurants at Disney to have a good holiday and it's really not the case. So many people book table service each day because they have the ddp, without it they are very expensive and unless you have a large spending budget, imo really not worth it. We've had the qsdp twice and no dining plan twice, we book a maximum of 2 adrs (usually 1 character meal and 1 sci fi diner) and the rest eat qs or go off site to eat if we want a proper sit down meal. You will have a great Disney holiday without spending a fortune on over priced restaurants.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
This isn't a criticism, but I think reading the Dibb you can get the impression that you have to book table service restaurants at Disney to have a good holiday and it's really not the case. So many people book table service each day because they have the ddp, without it they are very expensive and unless you have a large spending budget, imo really not worth it. We've had the qsdp twice and no dining plan twice, we book a maximum of 2 adrs (usually 1 character meal and 1 sci fi diner) and the rest eat qs or go off site to eat if we want a proper sit down meal. You will have a great Disney holiday without spending a fortune on over priced restaurants.
I agree with this. We always have DDP, have never had QSDP and have only stayed onsite without any dining plan for a maximum of 3 nights. Last year when we had 3 nights DVC at the end I wished we had bought DDP or just ate offsite! The cost of TS meals was eye watering.
I would do as others have said and use your QS credit for lunch or dinner and have breakfast in the room. If you have your heart set on a number of TS meals then see what your TA comes back with for upgraded DDP. At least then you have a guaranteed cost for all your food and can relax and enjoy.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Agree 100%. OP, will you have a car? Don't forget the off site restaurants for cheaper food and even supermarkets for things like bottled water etc to save money. If no car, then I would Uber to Publix and stock up on things like water etc.
Old 14 Jul 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dabootie
Very Serious Dibber

I'd also recommend a trip up to Crossroads for cheaper dining that's close to Disney Springs. Cicis pizza isn't far away, also Sweet Tomatoes. Ive always found the food courts do a good 'proper' dinner (meat and 2 veg) every night.
Dabootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
Agree, most QS meals are just normal size in our experience. BOG breakfast was positively on the small side compared to a full English here. That a family might have to share meals for 20 days is making me feel a bit sad!

I'd look into getting dining plan.
I was one of the ones who suggested sharing. I didn't mean to imply they should share every meal, just that there are quite a lot of meals that are shareable so it's a good way to stretch credits to pay less OOP. BoG is a prime example of where you want to use all your credits, as "French style" means smaller portions.

A combination of credit sharing, supplementing with OOP sides plus some full meals out of pocket should still be cheaper than upgrading to the dining plan. Unless the OP wants to do a lot of TS meals, where it might work out cheaper to upgrade. But it didn't sound like was the case.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I was one of the ones who suggested sharing. I didn't mean to imply they should share every meal, just that there are quite a lot of meals that are shareable so it's a good way to stretch credits to pay less OOP. BoG is a prime example of where you want to use all your credits, as "French style" means smaller portions.

A combination of credit sharing, supplementing with OOP sides plus some full meals out of pocket should still be cheaper than upgrading to the dining plan. Unless the OP wants to do a lot of TS meals, where it might work out cheaper to upgrade. But it didn't sound like was the case.
The french dip sandwich at BoG is huge so even that could be shared!
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We must be a bit greedy ! DH and DS would never share. DD and I shared a couple but that was at offsite restaurants. Beaches and cream and sci fi portions were really small. Maybe we chose the wrong things.
Best thing is to either get a car or uber and go out to offsite restaurants
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We must be a bit greedy ! DH and DS would never share. DD and I shared a couple but that was at offsite restaurants. Beaches and cream and sci fi portions were really small. Maybe we chose the wrong things.
Best thing is to either get a car or uber and go out to offsite restaurants
Glad you said that DH and I must be gannets, have never found the servings big enough to share!
The only time I was beaten was the pancake stack at Village Inn they were ginormous.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List