Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 2 Aug 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

I think the take-up for these extra events from Brits is probably on the decline due to the strength of the pound, hence allowing third parties to sell them for the first time.

I'm not complaining - I've booked at a saving of £24 for my partner and I. We're going September 12th. I pondered whether best to book for while we're on-site or when we're off. The day we visit MK when we're off-site we're getting up early the next day so we may as well make use of this while on-site to allow us a shorter journey back to the resort.
September 2017 - Port Orleans Riverside/Grand/St Pete's/Disney Cruise

September 2019 - AKL + Off-site
66Caunce is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Plenty of third party ticket websites sell tickets much cheaper than Disney and have done so for years. For example, Kenwood Travel are currently selling 2018 14 day tickets that are £44 per person cheaper than Disney's prices.

So I'm not surprised that MNSSHP tickets would be cheaper from a third party seller. (Although I am surprised that Disney is allowing third parties to sell MNSSHP tickets).

More importantly though, I'm not sure why anyone would complain about this? Surely cheaper tickets and a bit of competition is a good thing?

I suspect that all complaining will do is make Disney stop allowing third parties to sell these party tickets - and, thus, we'll be back to Disney's usual prices.
It's a bit off if you have already bought them though. They have always been exclusive to Disney so you wouldn't have thought any different when buying them. If 31/10 was available and cheaper I certainly would be on the phone to Disney .
I can only think Disney are struggling to shift them hence letting atd have them as they are one of their biggest customers and why the most popular dates are unavailable . Didnt they give out free ones last year in the parks ? I don't know why Disney just don't reduce the ticket costs.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Just checked my dates and it's only £10 cheaper than what I paid Disney for dame dates.

Do you get a card type ticket for this or is it a paper ticket? Think ours are getting delivered today.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
It's a bit off if you have already bought them though.
Well, it's no different to buying your park tickets from Disney (or from your travel agent) and then finding out they are cheaper elsewhere. Or buying something now and then finding the prices are lower a few weeks/months later due to a special deal or sale or something.

It happens all the time. It's a bit disappointing if it happens to you, I agree.

I wonder whether people could cancel, get their money back, and then rebook with ATD?

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I don't know why Disney just don't reduce the ticket costs.
Agreed. If ATD can sell them for less and still make a profit then you'd think Disney would just do the same. Better the money goes directly to them than to ATD.

Mind you, the same could be said with park tickets.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm surprised that Disney have allowed these to go on sale from a 3rd party provider. Business must be bad on these less desirable dates for both them and the 3rd party provider. Quite why anyone would want to complain about it to Disney though is beyond me.

And changing the subject, this did make me smile Nimbus

Better the money goes directly to them than to ATD.

Mind you, the same could be said with park tickets.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
I'm surprised that Disney have allowed these to go on sale from a 3rd party provider. Business must be bad on these less desirable dates for both them and the 3rd party provider. Quite why anyone would want to complain about it to Disney though is beyond me.

And changing the subject, this did make me smile Nimbus
Because it's the same as booking a dessert party or a tour then finding a third party is selling it for cheaper. It's always been "exclusive to Disney " so people bought when they were released not expecting them To be cheaper elsewhere or even sold outside Disney . It's nothing like normal park tickets as it comes under events and tours. Why wouldn't you complain of it's been sold as an exclusive thing in the first place. Why would anyone complain about crowds when they get there but they do . Each to their own I suppose though.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
nanouk77
Gone all Goofy

The day before we land - £47.
The day we land - £75.
nanouk77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nanouk77 View Post
The day before we land - £47.
The day we land - £75.
I got excited when I saw this but deal stops too early for our dates too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
blindmelon
Being a bit Goofy

Taken the plunge and ordered mine - fingers crossed
blindmelon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
KatyElla
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We booked through Disney for 1st September at a cost of $78 per ticket with tax...ATD are almost £70 cheaper! Phoned Disney to see if I could get a refund and whilst they said they would be happy to change the date they would not offer a refund. Gutted as this is such a difference in price!
KatyElla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List