Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Aug 17, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

when my DD was in Florida for her university equestrian practice, I would fly down and meet her and we would have a budget single mother/daughter vacation. I would budget $100.00/day for everything-food, souvenirs, gas. We never were hungry and never were deprived of anything.

In the heat and was next to impossible to eat a lot. We do not snack on junk but would pick up a case of water and lots of fresh fruit. We often shared because an entire meal was too much for us and throwing food in the trash drives me crazy. We stayed on site and ate on site (although we might order take out pizza one night if we were tired). Do not over eat in the heat-you will feel crappy. And WDW has lots of nice snack smells. Only eat them if you are hungry, not because it smells good.

Earl of Sandwich is one of DD's favorites and is very inexpensive.

Drink water (from the case you bought) and you will not only save a ton, but feel better. Adults can order CS kid's meals a burger is a burger.

You will do fine. If worse comes to worse, you will do some less expensive meals but you will not starve. I think your budget is fine. Do not panic.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We always visit sweet tomatoes for a budget meal. It is my sons favourite place. You get get vouchers emailed.
We often have our main meal of the day at about 2ish. Lunch menus are often cheaper than dinner menus
Old 10 Aug 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It's just burgers and shakes but we like it.
Look at fuddruckers As well.
Thanks for this, fuddruckers looks good too!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
Just looked at steak and shake menu for the one at the crossroads. This looks right up my husbands street! And it's cheap! Is it any good?!
my lot love it its your basic burgers & fries type stuff but has always been hot & tasty. Its worth going for the shakes alone (they often do them 1/2 price between 2-5) service can be a bit slow but its a great option for a budget meal.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
There's only 2 of them though. So half your costs really
my mistake, i thought i read it was the 3 of them, must have been another thread i was reading
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
my mistake, i thought i read it was the 3 of them, must have been another thread i was reading
It is 3 of them, but that includes a 4yo (who tend to eat like sparrows).

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

There's 4 of us but one is a 4month old baby so won't cost anything! The 4yr old won't cost much either so yeah 2 adults. I'm liking the steak and shake idea. Just what we're after really, just plain food that's cheap. We can go to better restaurants in years to come when the kids are older and apppreciate sitting for a meal rather than getting it out the way as quick as possible! BOG is for me not the kids!

vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
It is 3 of them, but that includes a 4yo (who tend to eat like sparrows).
The 4yr old won't cost much either
Cough Ice creams Cough
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
Cough Ice creams Cough
Ha! Yes I'll need a budget for ice cream!

Old 10 Aug 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Just looked at steak and shake menu for the one at the crossroads. This looks right up my husbands street! And it's cheap! Is it any good?!
Just eaten at Steak'n'Shake (S Orange Blossom Trail) for late lunch. 4 * burger & chips (more expensive ones, not the $4 burgers), 4 * milkshakes & 1 soft drink. $39. Shakes and drinks are half price 2pm until 5pm.
Certainly wasn't CowFish or Hard Rock Hotel quality, but it sufficed and should see us through the evening.

Edited at 10:11 PM.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List