Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Thomas cook desk after landing

So I have just had my final TC documents and they are advising you go to the desk after landing,

Is this really necessary I would much rather make my way to the magical express and get going
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mumof2
Apprentice Imagineer

We had our TC docs recentley but they didnt specify that we go to the desk. We are offsite though, I'm guessing they 'rally' you all together to take you ME? Maybe just do a live chat to ask if you can skip it or indeed what the purpose of that is?

Edited at 06:22 PM.
mumof2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Katyd246
Earning More Ears

Katyd246's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Personally I wouldn't bother. When we went this May I went to them and it was a complete and utter waste of time and they were quite disinterested at the desk :-) unless you want the details for the rep or info on excursions there is no need. Plus the rep kept phoning the resort anyway to see if we were settled in ok.
Katyd246 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

when you go down in the lift B side from Level 3 to Level 1 and get to the places where you collect your bags for the second bag drop - conveniently on the way from the lift to DME desks - the TC staff are all hovering there - they have TC clipboards and are, quite frankly, not very friendly or helpful...

our kids tried to engage with them on the last 2 trips waiting for our bags and they were nonchalant and just chatting to themselves - I guess if you really need them you could pry one away - but I was glad we didn't need them - you will be walking past them if you happen to need one - but you don't really...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mumof2 View Post
We had our TC docs recentley but they didnt specify that we go to the desk. We are offsite though, I'm guessing they 'rally' you all together to take you ME? Maybe just do a live chat to ask if you can skip it or indeed what the purpose of that is?
Odd, I missed it the first time I read the document

1st page under what we will do

Please see your representative at the Thomas Cook desk located on the B side Level one ground level of Orlando International Airport
facing Alamo Car Hire to collect your specific driving directions and key collection details. Please do not leave the airport without this
information. If you are unable to locate a representative please call our toll-free number at 1 800 827 0028 or after hours, please call
407 832 2525
I guess my concern is will they carry out $150 gift card?

I have found last years document and it said the same
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

key collection?

that sounds like only hiring a villa

maybe they give you directions to the villa management on allocation on arrival villas...

you certainly don't need key collection details for checking into a Disney hotel

got my $ cards from the front desk at CBR, it is a Disney card afterall.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 08:44 PM.
papamouse is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

Ive booked my Disney tickets through tc and was told I need to find the rep at the airport to collect them
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

When we went in 2015 the rep at the desk gave us our driving instructions to POR. It took about 2 minutes - and we passed it anyway on the way to collect the hire car.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List