Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Aug 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Defo doable a week. I have done it and we did Kennedy Space centre, Mk, DHS, Epcot, universal & IOA. We also squeezed in trips to Disney Springs & premium outlets! I know your not doing the parks but it's amazing what you can fit into a week!
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
As a repeat visitor you hit the ground running.

We are just back on Monday from a week and honestly it felt longer. Jet lag can be easier as you tend to stay on Uk time so up early all week.

We tend to do universal and Mnsshp which suits a week long trip.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by artoostacetoo View Post
It's my boyfriends 30th birthday in October (this year) & I'm planning a surprise trip.

I kept asking where is on his bucket list and all he says is Florida, as he knows I wouldn't want to go for just a week and he is trying to make my life difficult. I love Florida too, but its just the time spent travelling compared to how long we would be there that puts me off... but I'm really considering calling his bluff.

I've seen a package on Thomson for £685pp which is flights, hotel and car. I think we might even get a cheaper deal closer to the time.

I'm really, really tempted by this... but we usually go for 2 or 3 weeks. Is 1 week a good idea? (We only have 7 days holiday left at work).

We wouldn't be going to any parks, he mainly loves Florida for the food so we would be near all his favorite restaurants and city walk etc.

Have you been for 1 week before? Was it worth it?
We're going for 1 week in October for my birthday! I've been for a week twice before, once in 2008 when my mum was thinking of purchasing a villa out there and again in 2012 for my sister's birthday. It was definitely still worth it!

My partner has never been to FL so I thought it would be a nice introduction for him. My family aren't planning to go back until at least 2020 which will be a 2 or 3 week trip. Hopefully by then I will have made him fall in love with Florida as much as we have!

Our holiday for 1 week with flights, hotel and car hire is costing £610 each which is not much more than a week in say Spain would have cost. We will be visiting a few parks in that time but there's still plenty to do without parks.
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think a week is a great idea, being honest some of our best times were when we had an unexpected week there. Honestly you won't regret and I also found jet lag doesn't seem to hit you as hard.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
artoostacetoo
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you for the responses everyone, its really helped make the decision a lot easier.

It's good to hear from others who have been for a week, I think I have been convinced
artoostacetoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went to mexico for a week, and that flight was even longer! I did wonder if it would feel like we went too far for a 1 week holiday but it was fine. I'd do 1 week at that distance again.
Old 31 Aug 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I'd also hasten to add that I went to China for 3 days last year - that was connecting in Beijing and took about 16 hours to get there! I've never really understood the notion of 'travelled all that way so we have to stay for x amount of weeks'. Some people sit for 7-8 hours on a bus to go to a city for a day - why is a flight any different? Time is what you make of it
Gelatoni is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List