Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Sep 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have mine well done, but I always specify I don't want any blood oozing out. Had a lovely steak in Longhorns last trip, very tender and cooked just as I like it. The server said I could have it any way I wanted, I wasn't made to feel like a peasant for not having it rare! My money, my choice!

I rarely eat steak in England restaurants, it mostly turns up too rare for my taste.
Old 19 Sep 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

I have mine medium rare.
Old 19 Sep 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Medium rare of course! Anything more means the meat is tough and too chewy - a little rare and it cuts like butter, melts in the mouth. mmm...now am hungry!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Very well done in my case (hubby says incinerated), one glimpse of blood and it's game over for me.

I even struggled at Chip n Dale Garden Grill dinner when platter of meat, fish and turkey came out the meat was definitely on the juicy side eek.
Old 19 Sep 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I always ask for medium-rare, on a couple of occasions it has been rare, or what I would consider rare, and just asked them to cook it for a little bit longer, which was never a problem.
I would eat medium-rare or medium no problem, better to be under cooked and sent back for a bit more, than overcooked and ruined.
Old 19 Sep 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I always ask for medium/well I can live with a bit of pink as long as it isn't juicy but I do find most places struggle to get it right more often than not they come out under cooked so asking for a medium/well gets something more like a medium should be
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
I have mine well done, but I always specify I don't want any blood oozing out. Had a lovely steak in Longhorns last trip, very tender and cooked just as I like it. The server said I could have it any way I wanted, I wasn't made to feel like a peasant for not having it rare! My money, my choice!

I rarely eat steak in England restaurants, it mostly turns up too rare for my taste.
I'm exactly the same.
I always feel a bit embarrassed asking for it well done so I rarely order it although to be fair I never go out!
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Medium for all of us, once saw someone have a T-bone steak at Mannys that looked raw
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
I'm exactly the same.
I always feel a bit embarrassed asking for it well done so I rarely order it although to be fair I never go out!
I never feel embarrassed asking for well done. It's my steak and I'll eat it how I want. Like others the thought of the pink juices turns my stomach so I don't care if that's how a steak "should" be cooked. As you can see this is a subject that really gets my goat .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I never feel embarrassed asking for well done. It's my steak and I'll eat it how I want. Like others the thought of the pink juices turns my stomach so I don't care if that's how a steak "should" be cooked. As you can see this is a subject that really gets my goat .
Firstly, it's quite right that you eat what you want however it is cooked.

Second, if you have been served steak with a mess of juice on the plate then the meat has not been rested before serving. This is bad cooking/presentation and if it didn't happen then people might have a better understanding of how the meat should be cooked.

Thirdly, irrespective of personal opinion then the more a steak is cooked the more flavour it will lose.

Fourthly, and to your credit you didn't suggest it, there is no blood in a beef steak unless you try and cook it before the animal has been properly hung.

Why the subject gets your goat I don't understand.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List