Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Mar 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile California Grill Brunch

Hi,

Thinking of maybe doing the brunch for my birthday when we visit.

Have any Dibbers done the brunch and is it worth the money?

I'd like a reservation as late as possible but would this then mean we were rushed?

If we planned a lazy day and got the last brunch reservation available could we kill enough time at the Contemporary without getting bored and then watch the fireworks in the evening?

Looking at February so I assume the fireworks won't be too late - about 8 ish?

All hints, tips and experiences welcome.

TIA
Old 27 Mar 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Yes, it is worth it.

We went in January with our three children and I still believe it was worth every penny. My husband was a little unsure because of the cost but now it is top of his places to go whenever we go back to Florida. My extremely, extremely fussy son loved the blueberry pancakes. My girls ate pancakes and said I should ask for the recipe as they were even better than mine( little darlings).

The food and service were wonderful. No picture or film does justice to the view. Nor does my description of the experience. I had never eaten at the Californian Grill before but I was very happy with Brunch.

Dixonsontour have a wonderful review of this Brunch, I find her reviews compulsive reading because she is always right!
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

It’s amazing.

Do it.

Here’s my review and pics:

Cali Grill Brunch

In short.

Do it.

Edited at 09:21 PM.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did it in April last year. It was great. We went for our 10th anniversary- I wouldn't do it just for standard but for a special occasion/ trip it was perfect and memorable and special. Our 6 yr old also enjoyed the food.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

We went and had an amazing time. We also sat there for hours and never once felt rushed
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

There have been a few threads on this and the general consensus is that it is a fantastic meal.

I've been to CG brunch 3 times and love it so much that if I could I'd go back in a heartbeat. The atmosphere, food, and service are exceptional.

You get unlimited mimosas (although you can also ask for other things like a Diet Coke in addition). The appetiser buffet is yummy - typically there is a charcuterie selection, sushi, salads, deviled eggs, yoghurt with a very nice variety of toppings to select from (including actual honeycomb!), bagels with smoked salmon and various toppings, a few types of bread. Then you have the main course to order from - on my last visit I had the eggs benedict and the U10 shrimp and both were amazing. And a selection of desserts brought to you after.

Something I found out on my last visit is that you can order more than one main course per person at no extra charge. Had read about this on a few blogs and decided to ask my server about this! He even said that if I couldn't finish the main courses that they could box it up for me to go...

Atmosphere wise - all 3 times I've been there has been live music (someone on the piano and someone on I think the double bass).

Service - I was incredibly impressed last month - I went for brunch, and one of the servers came over to say hi - apparently he recognised me from when I had been there for brunch a year ago!

In terms of timing - they definitely don't rush you through your food and you can linger (and go out onto the observation decks to take in the meal). However, they do slowly pack up the appetiser buffet, and the live music stops. So my preference now is to get as early an ADR as possible so that I can take a bit longer over the appetiser buffet... You could always finish brunch, then head into MK for a few hours (maybe see the parade, ride a few rides with FP+, do sorcerers of the magic kingdom), before coming back for fireworks?
Old 27 Mar 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

It’s the best meal I’ve ever had on Disney property and worth every penny (or credit). It’s a long one...our server at the beginning said we would be there at least 2 hours. They give you an hour or more just to do the buffet before bringing your entrees. The atmosphere is lovely...so relaxed. The food is absolutely divine. Best blueberry pancakes ever. And Eggs benedict. And the buffet before is just fantastic.

I’m not sure you could stretch out until the fireworks..but it’s walkable to M.K and that’s where we headed afterwards

Can’t recommend it enough
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vowels View Post
Yes, it is worth it.

We went in January with our three children and I still believe it was worth every penny. My husband was a little unsure because of the cost but now it is top of his places to go whenever we go back to Florida. My extremely, extremely fussy son loved the blueberry pancakes. My girls ate pancakes and said I should ask for the recipe as they were even better than mine( little darlings).

The food and service were wonderful. No picture or film does justice to the view. Nor does my description of the experience. I had never eaten at the Californian Grill before but I was very happy with Brunch.

Dixonsontour have a wonderful review of this Brunch, I find her reviews compulsive reading because she is always right!
Thanks vowels. I have checked out the review suggested too. Looks great, a bit pricey but I'm worth it 😉
Old 27 Mar 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
It’s amazing.

Do it.

Here’s my review and pics:

Cali Grill Brunch

In short.

Do it.
Great review Debs - thank you! Looks fab 😁
Old 27 Mar 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

What time classes as brunch at CG? I'd expect brunch to be 11ish but when I've looked at reservations it doesn't seem to open until 12pm.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List