Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 May 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds good, I just had an image of me blown up like a balloon after 2 weeks lol!

My average at home is about 15,000 steps so hopefully the walking out there will be enough.

I hadn't really thought of the heat . We will be there in October/ November. I will have 4 hungry boys and 1 hungry girl with me , am sure they will lap up any unwanted snacks.

Default seems to be fries with everything though, doesn't it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I very rarely eat fries with any meals at home or on holiday. There is a huge choice of places to eat at the parks, particularly Disney, and lots of options that do not include fries. I think I ate one burger and maybe 2 lots of fries on our last Disney trip. Many places with salad, rice, potatoes, vegetables or pasta options so fries can be completely avoided if you wanted.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Disneydaffodil. I think I will just decide at the outset I won't have fries. I don't even really like them to be honest.
Just hope I can control me greed re ice creams etc. !
Old 11 May 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

When you’re on the dining plan, especially if it was free, it’s very tempting to take full advantage and use every single credit. I can’t eat that much food and we only eat when we’re hungry and been here a week and have only used three days worth of snack credits. We’ve also shared an entree. There are lots of choices and it doesn’t have to be burgers and fries for every meal. I had the ‘power salad’ at POFQ yesterday which was absolutely lush as was their pizza We’re averaging 20000 steps each day and I don’t want to know the calories!
Old 11 May 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

If after the first couple days, you feel you’re eating mostly burger and fries meals, you can stop and remind yourself there are other options in the parks. It’s just that until you know the parks quite well, the burgers are more obvious as those restaurants are big and in prime locations so they can get lots of people through quickly. There are other places with very different options but you may have walked right past them without noticing. (Columbia Harbour House fits this description, I think! But there are others.) HS is probably the most burgerish of the Disney parks, as it’s QS locations are quite limited at the moment. Lots of healthier options available in Epcot and AK if you want to find them.

Fries are not my problem. The abundance of mashed potatoes now... we all have our weaknesses.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dubgirl45 View Post
Thanks Disneydaffodil. I think I will just decide at the outset I won't have fries. I don't even really like them to be honest.
Just hope I can control me greed re ice creams etc. !
I totally understand a problem with avoiding ice creams or dessert 😁. Plus as it is so hot, it is sensible to keep cool with ice cream (so I tell myself 😁 )
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

It is not a huge amount of food, it is two meals and two snacks a day, on average. Even less if you double up and do some 2TS venues. Surely this is quite a normal amount of food for most people?

Snack credits you might use on bottle of water, iced coffee or an ice-cream, maybe a pretzel. If you are thinking this is a waste and you need to try and get a meal out of every snack credit, then yes I would change thinking. Waters and coffees are not that cheap so I am perfectly happy to use my credits on those things, definitely would rather do that than pay OOP and then buy a load of junk to bring home.

You remain in full control of what you eat. If a QS portion is large, you are not forced to eat it all and no need to visit the buffet five times just because it is there etc.
Old 11 May 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes you are right Claudette. But if you had two meals - say one was a burger and fries and then another TS meal at night with dessert plus two not so healthy snacks you could pretty easily hit 6,000 calories in my estimation.
Old 11 May 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
STM79
Getting Excited

Mobile

We didn't find most Disney portions to be particularly massive compared to what you would get off-site. It's probably the quality that's more the issue. Like many others, we ate what we wanted, but found the walking compensated and we lost weight.

You can always use left over snack credits to buy sweets/chocolate as gifts.
STM79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dubgirl45 View Post
Yes you are right Claudette. But if you had two meals - say one was a burger and fries and then another TS meal at night with dessert plus two not so healthy snacks you could pretty easily hit 6,000 calories in my estimation.
I guess my point is that you are not forced to do that. Maybe breakfast and dinner would be a better way of using 2 credits in a day?

Also I rarely eat dessert for example, even if that does mean I am not getting my full money's worth out of a TS credit, I don't feel like I need to maximise my food intake. The unhealthiest snack I have is a pretzel and that is when it is lunch, as I mention, happy to use snack credits for water.