Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 May 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

If on free dining and you don't book flights with them, just say your 9 year old is ten and pay a few quid extra for the adult park ticket and get them adult dining plan. They don't mind, but you can't do it if have flights as they need the correct DOB for flights.
Old 13 May 18, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If on free dining and you don't book flights with them, just say your 9 year old is ten and pay a few quid extra for the adult park ticket and get them adult dining plan. They don't mind, but you can't do it if have flights as they need the correct DOB for flights.
This is a great tip, that I wish I had known about in 2012 when DS was still < 10. Now, sadly for me as I'm getting old, <10 is no longer an issue for us

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Agree I upgraded my children to the adult park tickets when we went, left my 5 yr old on child and the others all adults. It worked well for us but agree its a lot of food and time eating the food. I will do it again though as we found it great as a family of 5/6 x
Old 13 May 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Saldisney18
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
Just returned from 2 weeks at OKW. The resort is amazing and I would highly recommend it.

However, the DDP was just too much for us. We're a family of three and ended up bringing back a little over 60 bags of candy! We didn't go without through the entire holiday but don't see the point of eating for eating's sake.

Of the 14 TS restaurants we went to, less than a quarter had anything resembling decent food; our favourites, in no particular order, being Boma, House of Blues, chef De France and Olivia's.

Will definitely go back to OKW, but will probably do more off-site dining.
Hi we are going for the first time and have QSDP, have booked a couple of OOP for the experiences, these are Chef Mickey and Ohana.
I had thought about upgrading to DDP but as we only have 7 days at Disney, didn’t want to restrict ourselves. Based on your experience hopefully have made the right decision!
Saldisney18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saldisney18 View Post
Hi we are going for the first time and have QSDP, have booked a couple of OOP for the experiences, these are Chef Mickey and Ohana.
I had thought about upgrading to DDP but as we only have 7 days at Disney, didn’t want to restrict ourselves. Based on your experience hopefully have made the right decision!
There are plenty of different choices at QS restaurants so you won't get bored of eating the same thing day in day out. We actually preferred the food at these rather than some of the TS restaurants.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Personally, I think a lot of the TS restaurants rely on theming/experience over food quality. It's why I'll use TS credits at signatures and just have QS on the alternate days. Although next year I'm going QS only - have a few potential OOP TS options lined up but not that bothered if I do them or not.

I would have left the remaining credits than bring back that much candy though!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Personally, I think a lot of the TS restaurants rely on theming/experience over food quality. It's why I'll use TS credits at signatures and just have QS on the alternate days. Although next year I'm going QS only - have a few potential OOP TS options lined up but not that bothered if I do them or not.

I would have left the remaining credits than bring back that much candy though!
I agree with about the signature restaurants and we should have done this.

The candy is not just for us! It will be taken into our respective work places and also given to others.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
I agree with about the signature restaurants and we should have done this.

The candy is not just for us! It will be taken into our respective work places and also given to others.
Don't worry, I didn't think it was just for you.

I just don't do the whole gifting candy thing, so it seems like a waste of suitcase space which I could be using for proper merch.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

We always take an empty suitcase out with us! I imagine you do too Loldis as, like me, you enjoy the shopping!
Old 13 May 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Isthabunting, what TS restaurants did you feel were poor? I am trying to finalise my list, thanks !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List