Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 May 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

The In-laws allways take a picnic into Uni/ioa, they take a massive cooler rucksack rammed with food and drinks, never had a issue
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

You can buy sandwiches and snacks at universal, can’t think of anything worse than carrying things like that about
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
you can 100% take packed lunches into universal, we bought water/subs/crisps at 7/11 on the way & took them in a small soft thermal lunch bag in a back pack

these bags get checked in the way in no one batted an eyelid
Hi, did you bring these with you from the UK or get them over there? Bringing a very small backpack in the parks and would love a subway sized thermal bag for the very same reason
Old 21 May 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

We get wraps or sarnys from target and pubix, large n very filling
Old 21 May 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by lpd222 View Post
We're staying at POR next April & I'm already doing a bit of planning (my favourite bit).

We're going to spend the odd day at Universal & I was wondering if POR do sandwiches to go? We're on the dining plan so I thought we could
get some sandwiches from the food court to take with us & save a bit of money.

We stayed there last year but didn't think of doing this so I'm not sure if it can be done.

Thank you.
This is the part when someone tells me how bad my geography is in relation to resorts etc, but could you stop at Disney Springs the night before and pick up some sandwiches from Earl and stick in your room fridge? I'm sure they're available on the dining plan?
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I noticed at POFQ last year that there were “take away” boxes that you could transfer your food into.
Old 22 May 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
You can buy sandwiches and snacks at universal, can’t think of anything worse than carrying things like that about

you cant think of anything worse than carrying a sandwich ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Hi, did you bring these with you from the UK or get them over there? Bringing a very small backpack in the parks and would love a subway sized thermal bag for the very same reason
we took the rucksack from the UK a small karrimor one from sports direct.. big enough for sarnies & ponchos, with a couple of water mesh pockets on the sides

the soft thermal we actually got in walmart a few visits ago & always take it back to bring food into the parks, mainly as we find the 'to go' food in park not too great & obviously ludicrously expensive compared to say 7/11
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
This is the part when someone tells me how bad my geography is in relation to resorts etc, but could you stop at Disney Springs the night before and pick up some sandwiches from Earl and stick in your room fridge? I'm sure they're available on the dining plan?
Yes we could but I wanted to know if there was this option at POR
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post

ref the backpack

I am a massive fan of the " IGLOO MAXCOLD " series, the coolbox keeps ice frozen for 5 to 6 days, yes that long

the cool bag will

ebay/itm/IGLOO-MAX...cAAOSwgARa5te9

ebay/itm/Backpack-...UAAOSwwIta4XyK

these will keep a Ice pack frozen a good 24 hours, yes they are £45 in the UK ( about 30 in the US ) , but well worth it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List