Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 May 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Biergarten

Hello,

We have made a reservation for Biergarten but have seen so many bad reviews online. What are your experiences? Which other Boardwalk / Epcot table service restaurant would you go to instead?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

I think it's a love it or hate it place.

We did not enjoy it. Thought the food was pretty bland and not a massive choice. We did go when it was fairly quiet so perhaps the buffet should have had more choice. The soup was nice, but it tasted just like Heinz tomato soup.

It's not a restaurant we would go back to.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
speedy
Excited about Disney

The food is so-so but the atmosphere is great!
Old 20 May 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
My husband wants to go back, I don’t. Food was fine, atmosphere pretty good but for me there are better restaurants there.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Food was fine, but being seated on long tables with other guests was not ideal! We would have been ok, but the couple next to us were not best pleased with the arrangement which didn't help. Pretty expensive!
Old 22 May 18, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Been a couple of times but wouldn’t go back. The food is definitely average and your overall experience depends 100% on who else is sitting at your table. The first time we went it was quite good as the other people were friendly; second time reasonable but third time was not good - we were paired up with two other couples who seemed to already know each other and any attempt at conversation were completely ignored! It was very awkward!
Old 22 May 18, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I really enjoyed it, both food and venue/ entertainment. But I was on free DDP last time I went, not sure I’d want to pay those prices OOP.
Beers worked out about £12 each on top.
Old 22 May 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tink66
Apprentice Imagineer

We've been three times and enjoyed it most times. The only time it was a bit flat was when my DH and I sat with another group (all of whom were drinking quite heavily). When we went with our family, we all sat together and it was great. The food was nice but nothing to rave about.
tink66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not been...but as for other recommendations... the family love the mexican restaurant in Epcot
Food is great and I like the setting, quite dark but watching the kids do the interactive "Phineas and Ferb" game thing is fun
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
First time we went kids (6&8) (2010) loved it, food was pretty good. Second time kids(8&10) (2012) still had a ball but we felt food had gone downhill, 3rd time kids(10&12) (2014) not so bothered, food gone very downhill, service was diabolical. Won't be going back...

Highly recommend Teppan Edo, Chefs de France, Le Cellier (2 credits though). Enjoyed the one in Mexico (name escapes me at the moment) and also Rose&Crown (has the advantage of a fab view of Illuminations)

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List