Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 May 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
but bearing in mine that the hard to get restaurants book out at 180 days. So if you where to decide to go for it I would before the 180 days.
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t think it matters when you choose to upgrade but I would do it before 180 days to get the popular ADRs.
Having the DDP or not has no effect on booking ADR's 180 days out (180+10 for you as you are on site). You can make your ADRs without it. If you choose to add later that will be fine. Exception would be some pre-pay, like Hoop Dee Doo, but even there you can switch from paid to DDP later.

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Incidently the difference between a moderate with DDP added and deluxe with it already included is often tiny and gives you the advantage of a bigger room.
Would be well worth doing the math on this with 5 in the room

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL

Edited at 04:21 PM.
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I would always upgrade but then I love the ts restaurants and as I use an ECV or a walking stick it’s nice to know I don’t always have to struggle with a tray!
Old 22 May 18, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
Having the DDP or not has no effect on booking ADR's 180 days out (180+10 for you as you are on site). You can make your ADRs without it. If you choose to add later that will be fine. Exception would be some pre-pay, like Hoop Dee Doo, but even there you can switch from paid to DDP later.

Would be well worth doing the math on this with 5 in the room
I am aware that anyone can book an ADR. My comment was on the basis that they might make different dining choices depending on whether they are QSDP or DDP.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am aware that anyone can book an ADR. My comment was on the basis that they might make different dining choices depending on whether they are QSDP or DDP.

Very true and completely understand, just clarifying for those less in the know

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have stayed onsite with the DDP three times and tried many of the restaurants.when the kids were small the sit down meals were greatly appreciated breaks but on our last trip we found them restrictive. We soon got fed up of having to be places for certain times and struggled to make changes to our plans with fast passes because of the meals we had booked. Also we found the service levels and food st most of the 1 point restaurants to be disappointing and we paid the tips grudgingly. Whereas the counter service options were amazing and the only place we had a burger was at D luxe burger.
It would cost us £18 per adult and £3 per child per day plus the loss of a counter service credit per day for us to upgrade so we would rather keep our credits to use for some resort breakfasts and put the £774 upgrade fees towards the sit down meals we really want like California Grill !
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

week is fine to be honest but I don't like to eat too long from paper plates. I would upgrade tbh
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Last year we just had the qsdp and paid oop for some table service meals .
We spent so much on those that decided next year we would make sure we got the ddp but beach club was super expensive so we decided to go for POFQ and just upgrade as it was still cheaper than paying for a deluxe
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We do it... staying at POFQ and upgraded due to us liking the character breakfast

They are expensive so take the cost of them in and it makes sense of us... family of 4 and kids love the CP / Tusker house breakfasts... doing Ohana for the first time this year as well
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

We have upgraded to DDP for next years trip, we are 2 adults and 2 teens (15 & 17). We've booked CBR as OKW and SSR are no longer available to book this far out. We had considered a villa with the kids being older, but both of them want to stay onsite with DDP so who am I to argue! We do like a nice meal in the evening though and now cocktails are included I can't wait!
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List