Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 May 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Maui
Trading Disney Pins

Lifetime/Non-Expiration Tickets - DisneyWorld

Good afternoon

Had a chat with a my dad and this topic came up - basically these tickets were bought in the mid to late 90's. Will Disney still honor these tickets and were these tickets assigned to named individuals or 'nameless' as in just a standard adult ticket or child ticket?

Thanks in advance
Disneyland Paris - Apr 15, May 17
Tokyo Disneyland & Shanghai Disneyland - on the bucket list

Edited at 03:02 PM.
Maui is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Never heard of them, I know that they still honour the no-expiry tickets, ours have an end date of 2030.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I do remember the tickets being sold. We started going to WDW in 1989, and if I'd known then that this would become a lifelong "once in a lifetime" series of visits, I would have saved a bit harder and bought these. They weren't around for long, I don't think, and I don't remember exactly when they stopped being on sale, but they were definitely a real thing, right up to the late 90's.
Old 23 May 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Maui
Trading Disney Pins

Was probably the no-expiry ticket to be honest, rather than lifetime tickets... were these assigned to individuals? or are they like 'adult' and 'child' tickets?
Disneyland Paris - Apr 15, May 17
Tokyo Disneyland & Shanghai Disneyland - on the bucket list
Maui is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

No, they were definitely called Lifetime Passes, and existed alongside the Annual Pass and the daily or number of days passes. It was well before Magic Your Way passes, and according to the Disney website (I just checked), they will honour all valid tickets, although I don't suppose they see many of these type now! I think they were assigned to individuals, although never having seen one, I don't know if they had ID printed on them.
Old 23 May 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

You could try phoning them to ask, I am sure they will be able to help. I am not sure if this is the number, but if not they should be able to put you through to the right department 0800 16 90 730
Old 24 May 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
There is talk of Lifetime passes on the internet but these seem to be very, very rare. They are valid for everyday of a person's life and never run out. I'm not sure how Disney would convert them to the current passes? They sound similar to Golden Passes which, again, are rare - is it one of these?

Lifetime passes are different to Non-expiry passes. Non-expiry passes for a limited number of days (eg. 10 days) but those days could be used at any time and any year. However, after using them for the stated number of days then they would expire.

As already mentioned, Disney will honour all valid tickets.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I've yet to see a photo of one, or hear a story from someone who actually bought one. All the stories I can find are:

"I once saw them being sold but they were too expensive"
"X who I met in the park told me they had one"
" My dad (aunty, grandma) said they were offered one and seriously considered it".

I'm not saying they don't exist but would love to see someone who own one, holding this never expiration ticket.

The only ones I'm sure they did give were the first ever visitors to the parks.

Edited at 04:10 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had tickets from the 90s, I emailed Disney who told me I had to take them to Disney customer service at Downtown Disney so they could validate them. We found out there was 2 days left on them so they swapped them for new tickets and we just bought the kids extra tickets. This was about 2/3 yrs ago.
Old 24 May 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I've yet to see a photo of one, or hear a story from someone who actually bought one. All the stories I can find are:

"I once saw them being sold but they were too expensive"
"X who I met in the park told me they had one"
" My dad (aunty, grandma) said they were offered one and seriously considered it".

I'm not saying they don't exist but would love to see someone who own one, holding this never expiration ticket.
Me too! If only to see what they look like.

I've seen a photo or two of a Golden Pass, which is very similar. Disney award these to people who become "Disney Legends" at the D23 events as well as a few other people. But I've never seen a Lifetime Pass. They must be worth a fortune!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List