Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 8 Aug 07, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Did you know that Thorpe Park and Alton Towers also offer paid-for Express passes in a variety of flavours? And they're much more sneaky about it as they usually have 3 rides you really want to go on partnered with one of their less popular rides! They work out much poorer value than the ones on offer at Universal -in some cases you need to buy 2 different ones to do the entire park.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 07, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
There are five of us for always far too expensive for us to think about staying on site.

:

It may well be cheaper to stay on site than buy fast passes for 5! Remember you get 2 days FOTL by staying on site - you pay per room, not person, and rooms sleep 5 and you just pay for a rollaway bed for the 5th person.
Old 9 Aug 07, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post

hi guys...be going out on sunday for 2 weeks... and i have 4 tickets 5 park flex universals tickets for the 2 weeks duration.
think i will get some disney ones when i am out there...
i am really worried now about these queues at the parks...
i went onto the universal site to purchase these fastpass tickets...
but it said none available now till dec...
i wont be happy seeing peeps go in front of me..knowing that they have the fast passes...
carl...
Old 9 Aug 07, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fastpass2disney
Excited about Disney

I was thinking of booking into one of the Universal hotels for a night in order to get the FOTL access (and to enjoy the hotel!). We are going with another family - if they didn't want to stay at the Universal hotel is there anyway we could share our FOTL pass with them. i.e. I mean they go on a ride while we sit it out rather than us all go together.
Old 9 Aug 07, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post

So where do you stay for this offer then? I have just discussed this with the folks and they want to do this rather than Sea World, DC and BG... am thinking of getting the hotel as a surprise!
Old 9 Aug 07, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by agentturbo View Post
hi guys...be going out on sunday for 2 weeks... and i have 4 tickets 5 park flex universals tickets for the 2 weeks duration.
think i will get some disney ones when i am out there...
i am really worried now about these queues at the parks...
i went onto the universal site to purchase these fastpass tickets...
but it said none available now till dec...
i wont be happy seeing peeps go in front of me..knowing that they have the fast passes...
carl...
Hi the express is available all year its just that the page is confusing you need to scroll down for relevant dates

pxxuk u need to stay at one of the onsite Universal hotels to get FOTL, liljack only way you can share is to break the rules and give them your room key
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 07, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you Highlander447. Am I likely to need the FOTL pass in October (11-25th is our stay) and if so, which hotel is reasonable for three adults to stay in with this added benefit included... and finally, does the stay exclude park tickets? Sorry... not done this before so don't really know what I'm doing!
Old 9 Aug 07, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Originally Posted by pxxuk View Post
Thank you Highlander447. Am I likely to need the FOTL pass in October (11-25th is our stay) and if so, which hotel is reasonable for three adults to stay in with this added benefit included... and finally, does the stay exclude park tickets? Sorry... not done this before so don't really know what I'm doing!
Hi it will be busy at weekends, during the week if u get there for park opening u can do quite a lot before the crowds start arriving, but 1 night stay gets u 2 days FOTL, u can check in as early as u want although your room may not be ready till 4pm, u will get your room keys at check in that u use for FOTL, and u can use the FOTL till park closing on day u checkout, RPR is usually the cheapest option hotel wise although iyts my fav hotel as well really nicely themed, as for park tickets included usually not although they do have a promo on that if u stay 4 nights u get 2 adult 7 day tickets incl, or the other offer is stasy 4 nights for about $800 in total
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 07, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ameliaUK
Imagineer

Hi was wondering wil i need the fast pass system in january ,we will be going to universal probably between the 10th and 17th ,Do you think it will be very busy then as If so I may book a room ,Do all the Universal hotels sleep 5 to a room or just certain ones ?
Thanks
ameliaUK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 07, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hi I think they all sleep 5, January is pretty quiet apart from martin luther king holiday, one thing I will say staying onsite is great as u are only 10 mins walk from pool to theme park
Closed Thread