Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 09, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Very interesting thread (makes a nice change to move away from the 'stuck on 4 ears' threads!) and has been a great read to see evrybody's view points on these potential changes.

I think first off, taking a step back and looking at these plans 'in the big picture' and not just as a one off update I can see a lot of sense and excitement in the updates/additions. I think it will add some great improvements to MK as a whole but as has been stated before I don't see this as the only changes to WDW but the 'start' of changes to WDW. Get this bit right and the direction around the world can follow.

I understand peoples concerns that this area doesn't match up to the Harry Potter attraction and equally doesn't cater for all ages and both sexes but I don't think it is fully intended to either.

As a father of a boy and a girl I can accept that this change doesn't do much for my 9 year old boy but it does do for my 5 year old girl. I also accept that Space Mountain, POC and Thunder Mountain don't do much for her but do for him and there are many instances like that around all of the theme parks.

I just cling on to the thought that this is a small piece in a big, evolving jigsaw and it won't please everybody at every stage.

The bit that doesn't please me however is the possible removal of Mickey and Minnies house. I don't care how old you are they are a major part of WDW!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 09, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lvrpam View Post
My daughters are 18, 15 and 8 and I don't think they, or me and my husband (he's 51!) will EVER outgrow Disney! As soon as we get back from one trip the girls are asking when we're going again! Whatever Disney decide to do we are bound to love it.

Having three girls, the princesses have featured heavily in our trips and this year we queued for over 90 minutes to meet Tinker Bell and friends. And when meeting the Princesses you rarely get to see Snow White ~ we only met her once at a Pirate and Princess party.

I don't think they should get rid of Mickey and Minnie's houses. We always have a look round them and when we go in to Mickey's house I always say ' do you think Goofy and Donald will have finished decorating Mickey's kitchen yet?' ~ they've been doing it for years! Maybe they could just 'redecorate' the houses and make them a bit different rather than do away with them, which would be a shame.
Ok, to put it a different way... maybe "outgrown" is the wrong word... what I'm trying to say is, we are about to take trip number 8 in 2 weeks time, we have been to Disney, universal, seaworld, ect many many times over the past 7 trips, but find that Disney hasn't changed much at all in the past 8 years... so for us personally we feel it has nothing new to offer so we don't visit as often as we used to, some trips we don't visit atall, but on the other hand we visit Universal, IOA, BG every trip as we feel they have more to offer us in terms of rides ect, both our DD's love coasters and find the rides at Disney very tame! We already have next years trip booked but again, unless they add new rides/attractions, Disney will not be on top of our list of things to do! Don't get me wrong, we have enjoyed all our visits to Disney and there are some fab rides and attractions, but for the time being we feel a little "bored" with doing the same things year in year out!

Edited at 01:04 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 09, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

The meets and greets are great for some people but not all, I think its great that Disney is moving forward. I think MK will benefit from it, I do think a new coaster would be great. Are Mickey and Minnies houses that popular.. I dont think they will be missed personally..

Its very exciting though
Old 22 Jul 09, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KES
Imagineer

KES's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Perhaps getting rid of that awful "its a small world" ride (you hearing the tune in your head yet? ) and putting some sort of boat ride in for boys, like someone else had said a Captain Hook ride shooting people or something?

My DD is 8 and loves MK but my boys 14 & 12 aren't so thrilled!
LBV Village Resort & Spa 1/09
LBV Village Resort & Spa 10/09
KES is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 09, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Brookeabel
VIP Dibber

Could it really be started as early as October? Im hoping not as were there for October and It's DD favbourate part of wdw

Mum of 3, Wife & Disney Bride To Lee! We Everything Disney!
Our WDW Wedding - The Pre Trippie
Dreams Really Do Come True 09 Trip Report
Hawthorn Suites 2003
Sequoia Lodge DLP 2005 & 2006
All Star Movies 2007
All Star Movies 2009 - The Wedding!
Sequoia Lodge DLP 2012
Art Of Animation 2015
ALL STAR MOVIES 2024 - The Countdown Begins!
Brookeabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 09, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I personally can't see them getting rid of Mickey and Minnie's houses. But that's just me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

We just got back today. For us this year Fantasyland was the area where we spent the least amount of time. Snow White broke down while we were on it it looked really old and dated with the lights on. They already had part of Fantasyland curtained off when we were there. We had been looking forward to doing the new Toy Story ride at Disney Studios but to be honest we thought it was quite disappointing. I was really impressed with the Lets Celebrate street party at MK and The American Idol experience at the studios was excellent. Disney seem to spare no expense when it comes to parades and costumes.I wish they would update Spectromagic though.
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by KES View Post
Perhaps getting rid of that awful "its a small world" ride (you hearing the tune in your head yet? ) and putting some sort of boat ride in for boys, like someone else had said a Captain Hook ride shooting people or something?

My DD is 8 and loves MK but my boys 14 & 12 aren't so thrilled!
HOW DARE YOU! :angry: Its a small world is a great ride!... you could say it was like Marmite - love it or hate it!
I could go into a whole rant as to why it should stay as many people on here know i love that ride - and the song! But i dont think many would be interested in my rant lol

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

The Little Mermaid ride is rumoured to be a clone of one going in at DL.
Toon Town was always a temporary area, it was only supposed to last 5 years!

Monsters Inc ride is rumoured for DHS.

Also loads of rumours of BK/MI beging built.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sydnee19
Trying for More Ears

if all the plans are true what is the time for the start of the work?
and what would be the time scale for completion of the work?