Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 19 May 14, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gone all Goofy

Alamo Standard SUV

Hi,

I have rented a Standard SUV through Alamo Brits and received it yesterday. I have noticed I have been given a Jeep Cherokee and not a grand Cherokee which I thought was standard.

When I looked online I think I may have been given an Intermediate SUV instead if standard. Is there any way I can check this? Or can anyone advise?

Thanks
007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Try looking on here.

car-hire-centre/sipp-codes.html
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Frontal
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Hi,

I have rented a Standard SUV through Alamo Brits and received it yesterday. I have noticed I have been given a Jeep Cherokee and not a grand Cherokee which I thought was standard.

When I looked online I think I may have been given an Intermediate SUV instead if standard. Is there any way I can check this? Or can anyone advise?

Thanks
I notice that you say that you were "given" a Cherokee, but as you booked with Alamo and presumably picked up your vehicle at MCO, you "selected" the Cherokee from the selection available.

There is a general blurring of the lines between SFAR and IFAR in Alamo world, and I would advise everyone, no matter how tired they are after the flight to check that they have selected the correct category of vehicle, and not to have downgraded yourselves by mistake.
Old 19 May 14, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Frontal View Post
I notice that you say that you were "given" a Cherokee, but as you booked with Alamo and presumably picked up your vehicle at MCO, you "selected" the Cherokee from the selection available.

There is a general blurring of the lines between SFAR and IFAR in Alamo world, and I would advise everyone, no matter how tired they are after the flight to check that they have selected the correct category of vehicle, and not to have downgraded yourselves by mistake.
I did not get this after a flight, I got it from the Alamo at the Disney Car Care. They don't stock as many cars so unlike the Airport where they let you pick, the Disney Car Care just give you the keys to a vehicle.
007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeC1964
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Frontal View Post

007, just in case you were wondering, you should be able to see the code somewhere on the car or even the key fob. You booked an SFAR (Standard (S) SUV (F) Auto (A) Unspecified Fuel (R)) so if you have the IFAR (Intermediate) then you may well have got the wrong category.
Old 19 May 14, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Look on the key ring or rear right window,..

Is there a 4 didgit code ?

SFAR or IFAR

Below is my post from JAN --

Hello,

This change for the car description came in on the 27th jan after 12:00 lunch time as i copied all the classes and asked a question -
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=767773

PRE - 12:00 the car list said -

Economy: Chevrolet Spark or similar
Compact: Nissan Versa or similar
Intermediate: Toyota Corolla or similar
Standard: Chrysler 200 or similar
Fullsize: Dodge Charger or similar

Premium: Nissan Maxima or similar
Luxury: Cadillac CTS or similar

7 Passenger Minivan: Dodge Grand Caravan or similar

Intermediate SUV: Ford Escape or similar.
Standard SUV: Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar
Fullsize SUV: Chevrolet Tahoe or similar

Post 12:00 --

Economy: Chevy Spark or similar
Intermediate: Toyota Corolla or similar
Standard: Chrysler 200 or similar
Fullsize: Ford Fusion or similar

Premium: Chrysler 300 or similar
Luxury: Cadillac ATS or similar

7 Passenger Minivan: Dodge Grand Caravan or similar

Intermediate SUV: Toyota RAV4 or similar
Standard SUV: Hyundai Santa Fe or similar
Fullsize SUV: Chevy Tahoe or similar

All the prices are the same,(for my quotes) all that seems to of happened is they have just updated the car model and new picture.

Hope this helps.

Also... Holiday autos seem to use alamo or dollar at sfb..

Ford Escape -

Rav 4 -

The rav4 now looks of equal size.
Cheers
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gone all Goofy

Thanks for all your help.

I have checked on the windscreen (as there doesn't seem to be any indication on the key) and I have found IRAR.

According to the SIPP calculator this means it is a 'IRAR = Intermediate recreational auto drive unspecified fuel, a/c.'

So looks like they have given me an Intermediate rather than a standard.

Any idea how would go about changing it, no doubt they will try to say it is the correct vehicle.
Old 19 May 14, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just go back and kick up stink !

They have not given you what you paid for

The car rental companies have all signed up to ACRISS/SIPP to apparently reassure customers of their integrity !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DrumCorpsFan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by louli View Post
Just go back and kick up stink !

They have not given you what you paid for

The car rental companies have all signed up to ACRISS/SIPP to apparently reassure customers of their integrity !
The cheeky monkeys! I am picking up our Standard SUV from the Disney Car Center in a couple of weeks... I shall watch out for this!
DrumCorpsFan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

IFAR = Intermediate suv auto drive unspecified fuel, a/c.

IRAR = Intermediate recreational auto drive unspecified fuel, a/c.

So they owe you a refund then !

TUT TUT TUT
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread