Old 10 Jun 14, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Definitely do it. You can check in early on your first day (we will be aiming for 7am - ish) so you get early opening both days as well. Once Diagon Alley opens that will be a godsend.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 14, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
churchy
Apprentice Imagineer

thanks for the linky
whats the earliest you can check in ?
Do you get two days access for one night stay?
I know that this has probably been asked tons of times and apologise for asking again.
Which is the nicest of the three?
So many questions and I thought i was all set
What a whittler I am
churchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 14, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
churchy
Apprentice Imagineer

thanks folks
if there was a like button i would be hitting it a lot.
churchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 14, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi,

We stayed at RPR in August. Parked the car, one nights parking covers both days, checked in before 7am, got our room card & FOTL passes. We didn't leave a credit card on file. Paid cash for parking $18 plus tax. Left bag at luggage drop in lobby. Then hot footed it to early entry at WWOHP. We received a text when our room was ready.

Next day when we woke up, there was a slip of paper pushed under the door. This had info on how to check out. Filled it in and posted it in the box in hotel reception.

We then went to WWOHP for early opening again. After that the rest of our time was spent at Universal and Citywalk.

This was one of the best tips we picked up off The DIBB.
Old 10 Jun 14, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
The hotel passes give you unlimited access to "skip the regular line". Express passes only give access once to each ride that they're available for.
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 14, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

We are staying at Hard Rock again this year we stayed at RPH one year but like HR best ,personal choice , We got there about 7 am last time , printed off our IDs and went to the parks , came back after lunch when rooms were ready lounged round the pool for a few hours then changed to get ready to go to City walk for dinner , then parks again the following day until we went "home" to Disney..
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 14, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by churchy View Post
I just thought that I would enquire as to the cost of express passes for one day for three of us at Universal.
⛺️ 270 dollars
And that does not include park entry that is just to do what a disney fastpass does for nothing.
Greedy gits.
I know that if folk pay it they will continue to charge it but how on earth can they justify prices like that
Nowhere near like for like Disney's fastpass cannot be compared to Universal's express pass.

Also Universal has two options and the price depends on when you stay. 1st you can buy the one online which offers to ride each ride 1 time or the + version which offers unlimited FOTL on every ride.

Like other's said just make your stay better by going to one of the three deluxe hotels onsite they really are great.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 14, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

although disney is free you are limited to the 3 in one go etc and you have to get times, but with universal you just walk onto the ride when you want to ride and can use it on all the rides except a couple not limited to the 3 per day etc
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 14, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
churchy
Apprentice Imagineer

Having taken note of the advice on here we booked the 18th August at the Royal pacific.
When i take one day parking instead of two into account we will save about 35 dollars over just buying the one day express passes on own.
Old 11 Jun 14, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by churchy View Post
Having taken note of the advice on here we booked the 18th August at the Royal pacific.
When i take one day parking instead of two into account we will save about 35 dollars over just buying the one day express passes on own.
I'm sure you won't regret it. RPR is a lovely Resort, easy to walk to the parks if the boat is not there, usually quicker.