Closed Thread

Old 21 Apr 15, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
EllenClaire
Imagineer

EllenClaire's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by andyb1126 View Post
The other frustrating thing, is that I cant even log in online to check my booking, I get an error saying booking not found, or I have the name or date wrong.

If I phone Thomson about this, I get told its because we travel after 1st November meaning our booking is on some mythical new system which hasnt finished being written yet, and I will only be able to log in sometime around June or July.
I had this problem and I was using a 5 digit number I went into the branch where I booked it and they were really helpful and showed me on my paperwork the 7 digit number I should be using 1 is the holiday ref number and the other is the Thomson branch number on my paperwork it is called the flight and hotel number
Sheraton World Resort 2004,International Spa & Plaza 2006,The Fountains 2007,The Lighthouse Key Resort 2008,Clarion Inn & Suites 2010,Sunset Lakes Dibb Villa Sept 2012, Liki Tiki Village May 2015,Encantada Resort May 2016,High Grove Resort Dibb Villa May 2017,Encantada Resort May 2018,Encantada Resort May 2019, Encantada Resort May 2020
EllenClaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bean-disney View Post
you can still book ADR 180 days out if you dont hav your booking linked on MDE only problem is usually when staying onsite you can book 180+10 so you might not get to do that, i booked everything through Thomson (staying offsite though) i was going to cancel my park tickets that i had purchsed through them and get them elsewhere so i could link them quickly to MDE but Thomson were going to charge a £200 admin fee for making changes to my booking so didnt bother, i got all my stuff sorted pretty easily though, got my ticket ref at the 30 day window to book FP the only ones i couldnt get were A+E and 7DMT but not too fussed about them... hope you get it all sorted
Thanks for that. That gives me another point to argue if they turn round and say I can have my reference on 60 days.

I dont want to be scrambling around on 60 days trying to get booking numbers so I can link up. I want it all sorted well before then. So If I use the ADR argument too then hopefully that will help me win the refund argument.

Cheers
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EllenClaire View Post
I had this problem and I was using a 5 digit number I went into the branch where I booked it and they were really helpful and showed me on my paperwork the 7 digit number I should be using 1 is the holiday ref number and the other is the Thomson branch number on my paperwork it is called the flight and hotel number
Thank you, Ive just checked mine though and its the same 5 digit ref on both the flight and the accommodation. The only other number I have is the other 5 digit ref after the branch number on my paperwork.
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Right, just got back from Thomsons.

They have had a reply back from someone they emailed on Sunday saying all they need to do is contact Thomson Tickets, and tell them I am staying on-site and they will email back with my ticket references.

The lady in the shop has emailed them my details and said they should get back to her today or tomorrow. She then went on to say about the 60 days and my booking will come back with a date 30 days prior to allow them to do it, but then my tickets will be correct. So Im not entirely filled with confidence but I will give them a couple of days to see what happens.

She also spoke to someone at head office who said the 5 digit reference on the booking will be the one that links to MDE but its just a little to early for it to work.

I dont know that Im any more happy about it but at least the store are trying.

Just a thought though, if they turn round and say you can have it at 60 days but not before, other then the FP+, is there any other reason to have the tickets linked to MDE. Are they needed for dining or anything else?

Cheers in advance.
Andy
Hi Andy
I had the same reply from Thomson customer helpline today (strange name when they aren't particularly helpful lol!) so at least they seem to be saying the same thing. My local store have been very helpful also, and said if I can't log on by beginning of next month, when it should be uploaded from them to Disney, they will look into it further for me. They also said that the 5 digit code was the correct one but they just haven't passed it through to Disney yet, but that will be all we need to register and we will then be fine to book FP+ 60 days before travel and if by some chance they aren't, they will contact Disney on pre-holiday day 60 to do it, but they say that won't be the case. I notice a few other posters on this thread have said it does work eventually, which is quite reassuring but I guess, like me, you are keen to getting started on the fun of planning. I do believe that ADR can be made by the freephone UK number on the MDE website even if you cannot link to it 180 days before travel. So, its really the FP+ we need it for and hopefully, they will have sent Disney our booking by then!
Keep in touch on this and I will also let you know when (and if!) I do manage to link to MDE. May see you and your family there next Easter! What airport are you flying from? We are going from Manchester, thanks for all your help with this
Sue
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The 7 digit reference number should be on your holiday invoice you received when you booked your holiday. It was on ours. It was the same number against the flights, hotel, etc.

It took awhile for our Thomson ref number to be recognised by Disney's MDE site. I think I had to wait until 3 or 4 months before our hols which isn't a problem (You can still book ADRs without your reservation linked - it's just that you won't get the 10 day advantage).
Thanks Nimbus, that is reassuring, I hope it doesn't take that long but even if it does, it's still in time for the FP+ 60 days which I was concerned about as we are going at Easter and it will be so busy there then. Have you booked onsite Disney hotel? and do you know if you can, definitely, book your Fast passes 60 days in advance now? Thanks for your help
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bean-disney View Post
you can still book ADR 180 days out if you dont hav your booking linked on MDE only problem is usually when staying onsite you can book 180+10 so you might not get to do that, i booked everything through Thomson (staying offsite though) i was going to cancel my park tickets that i had purchsed through them and get them elsewhere so i could link them quickly to MDE but Thomson were going to charge a £200 admin fee for making changes to my booking so didnt bother, i got all my stuff sorted pretty easily though, got my ticket ref at the 30 day window to book FP the only ones i couldnt get were A+E and 7DMT but not too fussed about them... hope you get it all sorted
Thanks Bean-disney We are staying onsite so really would like to be able to get Fast passes booked 60 days in advance as we are going at Easter and it will be so busy then, but hopefully, this will be the sorted by then. Not going to let it spoil my holiday though, as you say, 30 days ahead most FP will be available and there is so much we want to do, I'm sure we will find lots to do even if we fail to Fast Pass a few things. Not great service from Thomson though, I have always booked my holiday with them so thought they would be the easiest for Disney too (as we haven't been to Disney before), shame that it doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 21 Apr 15, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Hi Andy
I had the same reply from Thomson customer helpline today (strange name when they aren't particularly helpful lol!) so at least they seem to be saying the same thing. My local store have been very helpful also, and said if I can't log on by beginning of next month, when it should be uploaded from them to Disney, they will look into it further for me. They also said that the 5 digit code was the correct one but they just haven't passed it through to Disney yet, but that will be all we need to register and we will then be fine to book FP+ 60 days before travel and if by some chance they aren't, they will contact Disney on pre-holiday day 60 to do it, but they say that won't be the case. I notice a few other posters on this thread have said it does work eventually, which is quite reassuring but I guess, like me, you are keen to getting started on the fun of planning. I do believe that ADR can be made by the freephone UK number on the MDE website even if you cannot link to it 180 days before travel. So, its really the FP+ we need it for and hopefully, they will have sent Disney our booking by then!
Keep in touch on this and I will also let you know when (and if!) I do manage to link to MDE. May see you and your family there next Easter! What airport are you flying from? We are going from Manchester, thanks for all your help with this
Sue
Hi again!
Yes they do seem to be saying the same things which is good. And maybe I am being a little impatient and expecting the worse on their part. My worry is that when the booking finally links, the park tickets wont be listed and there will be a load of mither 60 days before travel.

Ill keep trying to link it up and let you know what happens when I can. Ill also let you know what the store come back to me with over the next couple of days. Fingers crossed we can start customising our magic bands soon!

Yes, we are flying out from Manchester too. On good friday.

Andy
Old 21 Apr 15, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Thanks Nimbus, that is reassuring, I hope it doesn't take that long but even if it does, it's still in time for the FP+ 60 days which I was concerned about as we are going at Easter and it will be so busy there then. Have you booked onsite Disney hotel? and do you know if you can, definitely, book your Fast passes 60 days in advance now? Thanks for your help
Sorry - I should have clarified. This was for our holiday to CBR last year in August, which was booked back at the end of 2013. And, yes, we could book our fastpasses 60 days in advance.

Therefore I suppose my experience may be a little out-of-date now.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Hi again!
Yes they do seem to be saying the same things which is good. And maybe I am being a little impatient and expecting the worse on their part. My worry is that when the booking finally links, the park tickets wont be listed and there will be a load of mither 60 days before travel.

Ill keep trying to link it up and let you know what happens when I can. Ill also let you know what the store come back to me with over the next couple of days. Fingers crossed we can start customising our magic bands soon!

Yes, we are flying out from Manchester too. On good friday.

Andy
Hi Andy
I will keep trying too and let you know when i get it linked. Hopefully, it will be quite soon and if the park tickets don't show on it, we will have plenty of time to get it sorted before the 60 days. I am impatient too, its not right that we are kept waiting but it does seem that its not unusual for Thomson customers unfortunately!
We are flying on Good Friday too, for 11 nights! We will probably recognise each other as we will look so stressed
Old 21 Apr 15, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Sorry - I should have clarified. This was for our holiday to CBR last year in August, which was booked back at the end of 2013. And, yes, we could book our fastpasses 60 days in advance.

Therefore I suppose my experience may be a little out-of-date now.
Hopefully, we will find that it will work out when we can finally link on WDE too. I would imagine it will if it did last year, I will just keep chasing it up. Thanks for your help though
Closed Thread