Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Wuzzle View Post
Someone has pointed out the little clock that says 2d next to it (which I didn't see, I just read the text), all their other tickets have that symbol next to them with the number of days (14 day disney ultimate has 14, 7 day has 7) so I am inclined to think he's right and they've just worded it really badly making me think it was 14 days
No.

The name "Universal Orlando 2 Park Bonus ticket" is Universal's official name for their 14 day tickets sold to UK customers.

A two day ticket is called a "2-Day Single Park ticket" or a "2-Day Park to Park ticket", depending on whether it includes park hopping or not.

Their website says they are selling a "2 Park Bonus ticket" and goes on the state that it "entitles guest admission ... on all days during a fourteen (14) consecutive calendar day period".

If this is a 2 day ticket instead, then you have been missold the wrong ticket. You have not received what you paid for. According to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Misrepresentation Act 1967, you have been sold something that does not match its description and therefore Expedia must provide a replacement (i.e. actual 2-Park Bonus tickets) or refund your money. You may also be entitled to compensation.

Finally, inform Expedia that they are fraudulantly selling 2-Day tickets as 2-Park Bonus tickets on their website and that they should correct their website accordingly.

(The above assumes it is a 2-Day ticket you have and not just a mistake made by the guy on Facebook).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 16, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I have posted on their facebook page and they've replied saying they are looking into it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 16, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
I'm positive you are right here, on the page I was looking at, the little clock says 2+. They don't even sell 2 day tickets from what I can see on the .co.uk site. I really don't think you have too much to worry about but definitely get on their case asap!
The Expedia page does have a little symbol saying "2d" next to the 2-Park Bonus ticket. And there's a symbol saying "3d" next to the 3-Park Bonus ticket.

The 3-Park Bonus ticket includes access to Wet'n'Wild. If this turns out to be a 3-Day ticket then that won't include access to Wet'n'Wild - Universal don't sell a 3 day ticket that includes WnW. So, again, the website would be wrong.

Expedia should clarify their webpage to remove the little "2d" and "3d" symbols if these are actually Bonus Tickets. Or say they are selling 2-Day and 3-Day tickets. I've left some feedback on their webpage - we'll see if they do anything about it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 16, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
Expedia are absolutely atrocious if anything goes wrong with your booking.

They don't reply to emails and if you ring the call centre you are on for ages at 10p a minute and as they are so badly trained they don't know what you are talking about.

So much of the info they send you is badly worded and I think in this case your tickets will be fine.
I found them fantastic when I had a problem. Booked a holiday through Expedia using fatcheese referral site. Was due a couple of hundred back from fatcheese and never got it. Emailed Expedia and they refunded me the money.
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 16, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Still no response from them :angry:
Old 11 Mar 16, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
p3aud
Very Serious Dibber

Hi,

We bought these tickets as well and after reading this thread, I telephoned Expedia yesterday morning. The man I spoke to said that he would call Universal and get back to me. He phoned me back late yesterday afternoon and confirmed that the tickets are the fourteen day tickets that we wanted and I had also asked about the two days typed on the voucher - he said that it was nothing and that we could go and collect our tickets before or after that date and the fourteen days would start from the day we collect them.
p3aud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 16, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by p3aud View Post
Hi,

We bought these tickets as well and after reading this thread, I telephoned Expedia yesterday morning. The man I spoke to said that he would call Universal and get back to me. He phoned me back late yesterday afternoon and confirmed that the tickets are the fourteen day tickets that we wanted and I had also asked about the two days typed on the voucher - he said that it was nothing and that we could go and collect our tickets before or after that date and the fourteen days would start from the day we collect them.
The 14 days will start from the day that you first use them to enter a park, regardless of when you pick them up. Apologies if you knew this but didn't want anyone thinking they had to coordinate the picking up with the same day they wanted to first use them
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 16, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by p3aud View Post
Hi,

That's great. But why haven't they bothered to come back and tell me yet?
Old 11 Mar 16, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

So I just commented on my facebook post and they've rang me saying they can't do anything on Monday until the supervisor is in. What kind of company leaves people in charge who a) don't know what they're doing and b) can't make any decisions without checking with management who aren't even there.

:angry::angry::angry:

I'm so frustrated with this now.
Old 11 Mar 16, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Can you blank out the important bits and post a picture of your voucher for our resident experts to have a look at? I'm still convinced you have the 14 day tickets but can't be 100% certain until I see the wording.

I thought the idea of a supervisor is that there is always one available to SUPERVISE! It really isn't acceptable that you have to wait days to get an answer to an important query
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread