Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 12 Mar 18, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How are people finding pandora FOP? Fitting in the seats? We go in just over 3 weeks and I’m getting nervous about it! X
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sarkyone
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hello
Is there anyone who is a short, round size 20/22 who has been successful getting on the Harry Potter rides and flights of passage? I'm beginning to worry I've not lost enough weight
(5 ft 2, just under 100kg!) ... with only a few weeks to go ...
sarkyone is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sarkyone View Post
Hello
Is there anyone who is a short, round size 20/22 who has been successful getting on the Harry Potter rides and flights of passage? I'm beginning to worry I've not lost enough weight
I’m 5’2, size 22/24. I fit fine on Gringotts. For FJ I fit in the test seat, but a worker said me and my DH were too tight and shouldn’t ride. My hubby decided to still try it, and he fit fine! He said the seats inside were a bit bigger too. The worker had put me off so I didn’t try, im sure I would have fit if i’d tried though. As you’re smaller than me I’m sure you’ll fit on both fine!
Flight of passage wasn’t there when we went so no comment. I’ve just accepted I’m not going to fit so I won’t be too disappointed if I don’t! Lots of people say you need to scoot all the way forward on the seat and go on tip toes so try that trick x
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

FOP is a motorbike-style seat - so you have to sit astride, with bent legs pushed far forward and straps fastened (think shoulder straps on other coasters) presumably so your legs don't move. One lady could not get the right position and was not allowed to ride.

Can't imagine why as I rode and didn't even realise the seats even moved - didn't notice it (terribly boring cine-180 ride in my opinion, though I'm in the minority) - can't imagine having stood in line for 2-4 hours and then being turned away (we rode on a DAS pass so didn't have to wait I'm happy to say).

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hello
I’m about that size and got on Harry Potter rides. The forbidden journey was tight but the staff clicked the restraint down and it was ok, I didn’t bother with the test seat as if read it’s smaller.
Gringotts was fine.
Fop wasn’t open when I went. There’s a few YouTube videos about it showing how to get in the seat. I would guess you’d be ok on that based on the videos.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sarkyone

Mobile

Thanks everybody. Am panicking as my 9 year old is desperate to ride them with me but I feel a bit more reassured now.
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Hello
I am around your size and I am going in October so I have been concerned about this too. From all the articles I have read (lots!) It seems taller, more rounded people are finding it harder than us short curvy people. US size 20-22 which is smaller than UK seem to be fitting snugly. The biggest issue is calf size, I found one person who said over 16 inches around the calf was the snug point, anything bigger and the restraints don't fit. But many reports say it varies and some larger people fit better than others. I am hoping to get a FP and try but if I don't fit I just hope I won't feel too embarrassed. I have heard the leg supports are more for 'feeling' the ride than as a restraint, so I can't understand why they can't be adjustable, seems size wasn't considered well enough sadly
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sarkyone

Mobile

Well we go at Easter so I can let you know if I fit... I’m off to find a tape measure now to measure my calf!
Old 17 Mar 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Well we go at Easter so I can let you know if I fit... I’m off to find a tape measure now to measure my calf!
My DD thought I was mad measuring my calves 😀. Happy to report mine were well under 16inches, and I feel I have fat calves so I'm sure you will be fine. Have a great time, not long now 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sarkyone

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
My DD thought I was mad measuring my calves 😀. Happy to report mine were well under 16inches, and I feel I have fat calves so I'm sure you will be fine. Have a great time, not long now 😀
Thanks. I’ve not found one so I’m going out to buy one if it doesn’t snow too much!